Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Escalade conversion kit for 03

sledneck781
03-12-2005, 03:29 PM
I am looking for the escalade conversion kit for my 2003 Silverado. I know it exists but I cannot find it anywhere. I have found the old style kit many many places but not the new style. Anyone know where I can find it for sure?

sledneck781
03-14-2005, 08:20 AM
Would escalade parts( i.e. front/rear bumper, hood, and front quarters fit on the 03 style silverado?) hoods almost seem identical but im worried about holes matching up for easy fit?

What do you think? I need some advice, I have to make some quick decisions.

99_Tahoe
03-14-2005, 12:22 PM
it will line up and bolt right in. you need headlights, headlight wiring pigtails, grille, bumper with brackets and mounting hardware, hood, fenders, and core support. I think thats it if i can remember correctly. i cant remember if you need inner fender wells or not, but its a possiblity. Hope this helps,
Matt

99_Tahoe
03-14-2005, 12:28 PM
oh yeah, i think you need a couple of grille mounting brackets along with an impact bar. and then if you want fog lights, or escalade tow hooks or any little extra things you will have to look at an escalade to figure out what extras you would want.

TexasF355F1
03-14-2005, 03:01 PM
From what I've heard, buy factory direct parts. Do not buy the aftermarket kit as they seem to not fit quite as well. Again, just what I've heard.

sledneck781
03-14-2005, 05:33 PM
That is what Im thinking. If i find wrecked escalade parts they should just bolt on I figure. I mean if it were only that EASY. We will see maybe I will try the rear bumper first. see what happens. I found one for 400$ used online. OEM is like 500+

sledneck781
04-05-2005, 12:09 PM
Just an update to this thread I started...I had no luck of finding a "kit" but my body shop did look into getting all the GM parts and everything seemed to line up ok but the Grill, that would need some modding to bolt on they explained.

TexasF355F1
04-05-2005, 03:34 PM
Just an update to this thread I started...I had no luck of finding a "kit" but my body shop did look into getting all the GM parts and everything seemed to line up ok but the Grill, that would need some modding to bolt on they explained.
Awesome. Hopefully everything turns out like planned. Expect to see some pics in the not to distant future.

gremlin96
04-05-2005, 07:34 PM
thay did a deal on spike network. trucktv.com about the escalade conversion. all the parts fit the grill had a mounting bracket that thay installed to fit the grill right. if i rember right thay were all gm parts that thay were using.

rabt
04-05-2005, 07:47 PM
thay did a deal on spike network. trucktv.com about the escalade conversion. all the parts fit the grill had a mounting bracket that thay installed to fit the grill right. if i rember right thay were all gm parts that thay were using.

that was an older body style conversion

Add your comment to this topic!