Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2000 Malibu hesitates at idle stopped at red lights, Any Help?

KillerKeller_jr
03-11-2005, 08:17 PM
My wife's car seems to be having some problems when she is at red lights. She said while in drive at a red light the engine kinda acts like it wants to die but won't and this problem only last momentary or for a few seconds. She said no problems when she steps on the gas. Anyone here have any suggestions? She has a 3.1 engine with about 60,000 miles on it. Any help would be great, cause when we take it to a shop they don't seem to know what is wrong with it or claim nothing seems to be wrong. They say it is normal, last time I told the mechanic to shove it, no car should act that way if they are tuned correctly. I guess I will give it a tune up unless anyone here has other ideas...

KillerKeller_jr
03-13-2005, 09:13 AM
Hey everyone, thanks for replying to my problem....Guess my wife's car has the same problem as the other tread that states "2000 malibu dying while driving," not sure if a new fuel pump will fix this problem but I guess since you all have so many great ideas on this problem I will start there. Seems like every time I post in the Malibu forum, no one has any ideas in here to reply to my post, but all other post are ok to post to....again thanks for all the help......? and yes I have looked through alot of threads here to no avail.... Please someone give some kind of input here on this issue?

Add your comment to this topic!