2001 blazer will not turn over

nashvilleman
03-11-2005, 08:33 PM
OK, I have a 2001 blazer 4x4 automatic trans. this has happened a few times since I bought it in '01. I have planty of juice.. guage reads 12v and I have a "jumpit" on it while trying to start to keep from running the battery down. I have the ignition click as I turn the key but Nothing.. not a thing. battery is new and fully charged. tried everything from starting in neutral to messing with the gear shift...

I get nothing... and everytime this happens it just decides to start all of a sudden.. I wiggle the key as fast as I can off, on, off, on... and once it worked.. other times it didnt. I had it towed to the dealership once and they found nothing wrong.. it started when it got there...

has anyone had this problem?? do you have any ideas?

I have checked all fuses, relays, etc.... all seems fine.... I even took the positive cable off for a few hours hoping to reset something in the computer... nothing has worked and I have exhausted everything I know to try...

please help

thansks!!

BlazerLT
03-11-2005, 08:46 PM
Gauge reads 12v when running?

nashvilleman
03-11-2005, 08:49 PM
when running it read 14v...

ricksza
03-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Could be a problem in the security system. Passlock Sensor in ignition lock cylinder. Have it checked for codes in PCM and BCM.

nashvilleman
03-12-2005, 10:43 PM
ok.. I got it started but you'll never believe how... I remembered that last time this happened I was parked nose down on a slight hill in the parking lot... it was against the curb and could not easily get underneath. I pushed it to level ground and for some reason it started.... so this morning (being parked in the same place as before) as a last ditch effort and out of must frustration I put the jack under it (right front) and raised it as far as I could.. it fired right up..

now what in the world could it be??

I am stumped!

BlazerLT
03-13-2005, 12:25 AM
ok.. I got it started but you'll never believe how... I remembered that last time this happened I was parked nose down on a slight hill in the parking lot... it was against the curb and could not easily get underneath. I pushed it to level ground and for some reason it started.... so this morning (being parked in the same place as before) as a last ditch effort and out of must frustration I put the jack under it (right front) and raised it as far as I could.. it fired right up..

now what in the world could it be??

I am stumped!

No clue, could be anything.

Just drive it bro.

ricksza
03-13-2005, 07:32 AM
Sounds like a loose connection somewhere. Good luck finding it.

wolfox
03-14-2005, 09:31 AM
Same thing happened to my truck with it parked, nose facing down-hill with a 1/4 tank of fuel. I poured in 5 gallons of gas after a hike to the gas station and sure enough - fired right up. I have to park in a very steeply graded parking lot and before I take the truck home, make sure she has at least a 1/2 tank of fuel sloshing around in her belly, never happened again.

thomasrn
03-14-2005, 02:37 PM
Same thing happened to my truck with it parked, nose facing down-hill with a 1/4 tank of fuel. I poured in 5 gallons of gas after a hike to the gas station and sure enough - fired right up. I have to park in a very steeply graded parking lot and before I take the truck home, make sure she has at least a 1/2 tank of fuel sloshing around in her belly, never happened again.

I've had similar problem, but this was on a NUTTY STEEP HILL. I had to walk to get fuel to get it started. The hill was 'too steep' to attempt to let the car roll without power brakes and steering. I wanted to avoid the 'sudden stop' at the bottom at all costs! :biggrin:

Regards,
---- Robb -----

Add your comment to this topic!