Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Metal Coupling Piece Thing?

thewoahna
03-25-2002, 06:41 PM
When I installed the intake on my Accord, and when I installed the silicone tubing that went from the engine to the aluminum intake tube, there was this metal coupling thing that the old stock hose was attached to. This coupling was fused with another coupling that was used for coolant. After I installed the new intake and silicone tubing, I did not like having this unused metal coupling fused to this one used for the coolant to I went and bought a piece of “fuel and emissions” hose from an autoparts store and replaced that particular coolant line, eliminating the coupling completely. Did that coupling serve any purpose? Is what I did OK for the car (using the “fuel and emissions” tube?) Does anyone even know what I was just talking about?

Thanks for your help!
:sun:

89ssgti
03-25-2002, 07:21 PM
so you just replaced the rubber-metal-rubber tubing with a long rubber hose,right.
I don't think it matters much or that it will harm your car in any way.

thewoahna
03-25-2002, 10:13 PM
yeah, thats what I did. I used fuel\emissions tube though, does that make any differance?

89ssgti
03-25-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by thewoahna
yeah, thats what I did. I used fuel\emissions tube though, does that make any differance?
I don't think it would

Add your comment to this topic!