Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Chevy 350 Guys

EOD AIRFORCE
03-10-2005, 06:38 AM
Hey hows it going fellas. I was wondering if you guys might be able to help me with getting some more HP on my 350. I actually have a '79 Z28, but I know that there are alot of similarites under the hoods. Surprisingly enough i wasn't able to get any good answers at the camaro forum. I have a Rochester Q-jet,some headers and dual exhaust but with glass packs. Any suggestions would be a real help. I heard you could swap some 69-72 heads and get a decent boost, but I need someone to verify if this is true. My budget is about a 1,200 dollars. Little stuff or big I'm open to any suggestions/tips. Thanks fellas, keep up the good work.

gapboi210
03-10-2005, 01:53 PM
Have you invested anything into a cam? If you have not doem any upgrades on your internal engine parts? If not, you can do a mild cam get slight "lobe" to the engine could help your torque and hp ratings. MIght get you a better power band too.

EOD AIRFORCE
03-11-2005, 01:19 AM
No, I haven't done any internal upgrade at all. I've been told also by others at my work that a cam is probably a good idea. Do youguys have any suggestions on a good cam(specs) to buy for my car? I'm not rying to be the fastest, just bring it to get the respect. Thanks for the response.

Add your comment to this topic!