Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tough in a wreck

gapboi210
03-09-2005, 11:58 PM
I was rear ended today buy a guy in a new Accord. He hit me going about 20 mph. It oushed me foward thankfully i was not close to the car in front of me. Just when I was about to get out of the car to see the damage....wham he hit me again. He got rear ended too and was shoved into my car again! I got out of the car once I waited to see if third time was going to be the charm, and there was no damage to my car! There is a mark smaller than the size of a dime from his liscense plate. The collision shop looked at it and said there was no damage underneath either. They said the rear end was designed well to absorb impact without falling apart. The guy hit me so hard my drink that was in the cup holder next to the drivers door flipped out and landed on the floor. So Kudos to the Malibu for safety and not losing my bumper!

'01 Malibu LS

covman454
03-11-2005, 04:39 AM
The rear end might be tough in a wreck, but the front end sure won't take an impact. 3700 dollars damage for a 5 mile an hour accident without airbag deployment. Just one more thing about this POS. I'm never going to buy a GM product again.

gapboi210
03-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Wow, you must be unlucky! My friend has a Dodge Ram and he was flying backwards out of his driveway and hit my car with his trailer hitch, it knocked the car back and there is just a little mark on the bumper that you can only see if you look at it in a glare.

Add your comment to this topic!