Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Prelude Handling is soo Awesome

justin@af
01-28-2001, 05:24 PM
I love the handling of my car...Today i took a pretty sharp right going at about 35 mph (3rd gear) and thought my car would spin out but it handled perfectly and i heard no wheels losing grip. If the car were my other camry i definitely woulda lost control, but the prelude definitely has awesome handling...I think i'll take it to the track this weekend...Peace

texan
01-29-2001, 06:39 AM
yep, the Prelude is one fine handling fwd car. You should try the SH sometime, ATTS is super fun and noticable (without being intrusive) at lower speeds. My SH's supension is firm without being stiff, controlled without being harsh, and somehow manages to work just about perfectly on any surface. Other than a bit of rear shock knock when it's really cold out (a common Prelude design flaw), it's hard to fault this suspension when looking at it from a production car standpoint.

What sort of racing do you do Justin?

justin@af
01-30-2001, 08:39 PM
I'm not big into like auto-x yet...i'm brushing up on my manual skills right now...right now i just do street racing...Yeah i know its not good but hey i just can't resist when some civic or integra comes up thinking they're all bad.

LostBoyScout
01-30-2001, 11:35 PM
I've never drove a Lude but I've raced friends in theirs.. seem to be pretty good to me :) However I can't say enough about my Jetta, but this is with huge amounts of aftermarket stuff, such as fully adjustable coilovers, sway bars, Toyo Proxes T1s, poly bushings, and on and on, after all that, the car better handle like a dream!! :D

Actually I got my car very close to 50/50 weight distribution now, so it's awesome

porsche911
02-02-2001, 09:34 AM
congrats justin :D
give us some pics

VTECelude
03-15-2001, 08:06 PM
i changed the springs and rear sway bar. mah lude handles pretty good. :)

VTECelude
03-19-2001, 10:24 PM
i just took a turn that i took with stock suspension at 45mph and felt like that was all i could do, but i just took it at 65mph, it felt tight. like i could have went faster but i didn't want to push my luck. i think my shit will be gold when i get shocks. can anyone suggest a good brand for 5gen lude? :D

Z06Lover
03-20-2001, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by VTECelude
i just took a turn that i took with stock suspension at 45mph and felt like that was all i could do, but i just took it at 65mph, it felt tight. like i could have went faster but i didn't want to push my luck. i think my shit will be gold when i get shocks. can anyone suggest a good brand for 5gen lude? :D
I think you should see a doctor about that! :finger:

VTECelude
03-20-2001, 06:28 PM
i like taking my car to the limits. next time i will see if it will go to 70mph. :bandit:

justin@af
03-20-2001, 07:48 PM
Pls don't push your car over the limits...just watching out for others and your safety...Don't do anything stupid

VTECelude
03-20-2001, 08:04 PM
this time it was only at 62mph...sorry to dissappoint.:(

justin@af
03-20-2001, 09:14 PM
its all good...what kind of turns are u doing?? and where?

VTECelude
03-21-2001, 11:42 AM
it's a turn off the highway on 684. it's one of those real long curves. if you have good suspension you can really handle the curve. my friend has 96 gti and its got full suspension and we took the turn at 70ph. i think the sign says 25mph is recommended. lol 25

justin@af
03-21-2001, 06:33 PM
haha 25?? that must be the minimum:rolleyes:

LakeMountLude
03-27-2001, 07:50 PM
if you knew you would have spun out why in gods name did you do it bro lol.. be careful man i lost two of my close friends like taht!! where your seatbelt!! okay son? :)

VTECelude
03-27-2001, 08:39 PM
yea i know, i should be more smarter. i was just testing out my new springs and sway bar. it's one of those turn that is really sharp, but will only let you go a certain speed. i can't get it past 62mph. lol

ps-i always wear my belt, that shit is $75 ticket by me

http://www.angelfire.com/art/lude/smiles/ices_blah.gif

LakeMountLude
03-27-2001, 09:07 PM
haha yeah its a hefty fine here to!! haha "more smarter" ?? hehe

VTECelude
04-14-2001, 11:25 PM
ok, i'm gonna try to make this story as short as possible, so bare with me. my friend and myself were just leaving my cousins house after a night of just chilling and listening to music and shit, and we were going back to my house. it was about 11:30pm so i was in my night driving mode, doing about 70-75mph. we continue driving on a highway that is very good for high speeding so i put that into consideration. so, next thing i noticed a pontiac grand prix gtp comes up next to us and passes us with some good force. so i'm like ok and i suddenly get my racing face on. so i pull next to him and revv real hard and hit vtec into 4th and shifted into 5th and hit 142mph leaving the gtp far behind. at this point, i'm noticing that the handling of my car is very sturdy and reliable. now, i slow down and flash my hazards so i let him know that i just roasted his ass and he seemed to get mad that he just got his ass beat by rice burner, so he tries for a 2nd time. this time i wasn't expecting it, so he pulled hard out in front of me, so i downshift into 4th hit vtec, powershift into 5th and am now neck and neck with him and am flooring it with all my might. another thing i noticed is how much pull my lude has in 5th when i vtec at a really high speeds. next thing i know the lights of the gtp are a spec in my rear view and i smoked him for the 2nd time, but i also had to remind my friend to look at the speedo cause i needed proof to all my other friends that i had just hit 150mph @ like 8400 rpm racing this guy. it almost seemed to me that my lude really handled the situation really good when i needed it and i never felt like i was going to loose control. i have never gone this fast in my car and i never plan on doing it again cause it scared the fucking shit out of my.

GOD
04-15-2001, 12:10 AM
REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!! Man Represent :D Imports RULE ........ALWAYS ....Another one for the Imports :dogpile:

VTECelude
04-15-2001, 02:16 PM
i dont' usually do things like that too, that's what is wierd. i know the gtp numbers, like 245hp with 285lb of torque, but i think the top out at like 130mph. i don't know, i'm gonna post under the pontiac forums.

Add your comment to this topic!