Page updated on 10-23-2017

Springs and intake help...

blindfoldedhope
03-09-2005, 10:44 PM
I have a base probe with 16'' Gt probe rims and ive noticed my front sits higher then most probes im guessing because the gt's have added weight of the v6 or different springs... Anyone know if the gt's springs are different and if they will fit a 2.0 base... Ive also noticeed when i let off the clutch at a high rpm my front end decides it doesent want to stay in place and bucks and jumps all over the place anyone have any ideas on that....

will the GT intakes match up with the 4cyls I-M or is it a different bolt pattern... Will the sensors fit?

96probegt
03-10-2005, 04:07 PM
my talon sat higher in the front and i also had traction problems on heavy aceleration turnd out to be the front struts neede to be replaced

blindfoldedhope
03-10-2005, 11:44 PM
LOL yea now that i think about it they are F@#&ed to begin with my probe is a nightmare....

sLiPz
03-13-2005, 02:35 PM
I don't see how your rims would affect the height of your front end. Unless you've already put GT springs or struts in there that might be the problem. If you have the 2.0 engine stick with the base springs. Your struts are probably just messed up.

shawnwilliams
04-03-2005, 01:40 AM
Ok. obvioulsy nobody has done research on this car. First of all the probe gt and se have different suspensions. The Gt has better handling but a rough ride. The better handling is due to larger tires and is LOWER TO THE GROUND. The Se, not really needed to be a big racer and didn't need the sporty suspension, so they put in soft suspension, but doesn't handle as well as the Gt. And in 96 the GT was given slighly softer suspension.

Add your comment to this topic!