Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1996 accord fan problems

baddogg161
03-09-2005, 02:16 PM
I have a 1996 accord EX and i noticed one day that after i turned the car off the fan kept running... i know this is nothing strage except that it was 50 degrees outside. when i came back to my car the next day the battery was dead, the car wouldnt turn over at all... i got the battery replaced and when i reconencted it the damn fan started goin again. obviously this is draing my battery and im thinking that it might be themostat related, or something electical thats telling my fan to turn on. anyone got any ideas????

94hondaacc
03-09-2005, 02:53 PM
its probably your fan relay that got stuck. you will need a new one. i suggest you take the relay out which will stop the fan from working, but put it back in when you drive otherwise your car will overheat, and thats no good.

jeffcoslacker
03-10-2005, 03:13 PM
its probably your fan relay that got stuck. you will need a new one. i suggest you take the relay out which will stop the fan from working, but put it back in when you drive otherwise your car will overheat, and thats no good.

I think you are right. He could use the secondary fan relay if the part# is the same to test the theory, and that'd get him around until he could get a new one. Just don't use the A/C without the secondary fan.

baddogg161
03-10-2005, 06:11 PM
how do i find these relays and exactly what am i supposed to do? I don't know my way around this car very well. Thanks.

Add your comment to this topic!