Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 Gsx

awdpower
03-09-2005, 10:48 AM
I got a problem with my car. Im diving along with the gas pedal stepped half way then I let go and it stays pressed for a while. when Im shiftin gears it seems like I leave the gas pedal pressed because say im going to 3gear and it revs up itself. When Im just parked and rev up the rpm's then let go it keeps on going for like 3/4 seconds. And when I am reving it up in the engine it does not do nothing it gos back down right away. So Im guessing its the pedal but anybody got any ideas how I could fix that.

LandoAWD
03-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Sounds like a sticking throttle cable.

Does it do it if you rev the car up manually under the hood?

awdpower
03-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Sounds like a sticking throttle cable.

Does it do it if you rev the car up manually under the hood?

Nope it doesnt do that when I am doing manually

kjewer1
03-09-2005, 08:26 PM
I've seen really shitty throttle plates/throttlebodies hang up like this as well.

awdpower
03-10-2005, 11:54 AM
So could it still be the throttle cable???

kjewer1
03-11-2005, 08:17 AM
It could be both. Its not a contest to see who can come up with the best answer. There can be many possible causes for one set of symptoms. Its our job to list as many as we know and think to be likely, your job to go out and try them all :D

Looking at post number 3 Lando is probably on to something. I would do that first, its only ~30 bucks for the non-cruise cable, not sure how much it is when you have cruise. Also, With cruise it could be one of the two cables used, or the junction box, so if you ever thought of getting rid of the cruise control now is the time. ;)

awdpower
03-18-2005, 10:27 AM
It could be both. Its a contest to see who can come up with the best answer. There can be many possible causes for one set of symptoms. Its our job to list as many as we know and think to be likely, your job to go out and try them all :D

Looking at post number 3 Lando is probably on to something. I would do that first, its only ~30 bucks for the non-cruise cable, not sure how much it is when you have cruise. Also, With cruise it could be one of the two cables used, or the junction box, so if you ever thought of getting rid of the cruise control now is the time. ;)

I got it fixed thanks guys

kjewer1
03-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the useless info. Post what the fix was so people that may find this thread in a search might get some useful info, and we wont have to have the best answer contest again.

awdpower
03-18-2005, 12:47 PM
Sorry guys. What I did was just spray wd-40 where the throttle was, lots of it so it wouldnt get stuck thanks guy for ur help.

Add your comment to this topic!