Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Passenger side headlight problem (93 MPV)

In-the-dark
03-08-2005, 10:23 PM
I have lived with this for years, but I can't take no more. I need help, please! Every once in a while, the passenger side headlight used to dim for weeks at a time, and then it will recover by itself. This one time, it went totally out (or so dimmed that I cannot detect light). The problem only shows up when I turn on the headlight and in low beam. Daytime driving lighting is fine (i.e., not a burnt-out bulb). Turning on highbeam is fine. What could the problem be? Is this a DIY job?

CD.

itsme000
05-08-2005, 12:35 AM
I have lived with this for years, but I can't take no more. I need help, please! Every once in a while, the passenger side headlight used to dim for weeks at a time, and then it will recover by itself. This one time, it went totally out (or so dimmed that I cannot detect light). The problem only shows up when I turn on the headlight and in low beam. Daytime driving lighting is fine (i.e., not a burnt-out bulb). Turning on highbeam is fine. What could the problem be? Is this a DIY job?

CD.

High beam and low beam have separate wire. Sounds like a relay or wiring problem. Inspect the socket carefully at the right side lamp. If it appears fine, check the relay.

Add your comment to this topic!