Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Installing Cams

Tano016
03-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Hi im about to install both Type R Cams in a Gsr (OEM) with springs, and aem adjustable sprokets. Do you think its worth it to pay like 75$/hour and get the car dyno tuned to get optimal timing settings, or should the installer just "guess" Like advance the intake timing by a couple of degress. Also, iv'e noticed that the intake valve opening and closing points are very different between the type r and gsr,there do the cams need to be re-dialed to the type r settings when they are installed. I dont have much experience with engine building and i want to make sure the job is done right. Any pinions would be appreciated,

Thanks

CivicSpoon
03-08-2005, 09:53 PM
You'll still see gains from the cams, but you'll see better gains by getting it tuned. I mean it will run fine without the tune (and the installer doing what he can), but if you want to take advantage of the power available then you should get it tuned.

b18ls
03-08-2005, 10:23 PM
tuning is taken for granted to often. If you can afford it, do it! If not you'll be fine, but wont see the results you could with a dyno tune. Good luck either way.

boosted k20
03-10-2005, 10:56 AM
DEFINITLEY dyno tune the cam gears. u dont wanna "guess" at it. only way to see results is to get the car on a dyno

Add your comment to this topic!