Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

high preformance clutch for SB 5.7

importeater38
03-08-2005, 09:35 PM
Ok guys, maybe you can help me out. I need to put in a new clutch, one that will hold over 600 HP and still be streetable. Mcleode has a nice looking set up and so does Spec. Both companies have a version thats streetable. Any thoughts? car is a 94 5.7 trans am 6speed. Im gonna get a light weight flywheel when i get the clutch too.

JekylandHyde
03-09-2005, 08:20 AM
I absolutely love my SPEC clutch.

I would recommend talking to Josh at www.chicoraceworks.com in Chico, California.
He is a SPEC dealer and is extremely knowledgable on their clutchs ... both import and domestic.

Tell him JekylandHyde sent you ... he's truly agreat vendor.

What kind of times are you expecting to run with 600 HP? I am aiming for 450 rwhp this winter with the goal of touching 10s.

Mr. Luos
03-09-2005, 11:41 AM
I went with a Spec Stage 5.
Several members of the local club told me it is a very streetable clutch that can handle a ton of power.

JekylandHyde
03-09-2005, 11:49 AM
I had the Spec Stage 3.
This winter I upgraded to a stage 5 disc and a new stage 3 pressure plate to keep the streetable pedal feel.

importeater38
03-09-2005, 09:02 PM
im not expecting anything out of 600 hp, im just setting that as a rough goal to get the car to. Im not a big drag guy, but i get a kick outta seeing what kinda HP you can milk outta an engine. I don't have a strip that close to me, so if i do hit the track, it won't be more then once a year at best. Thanx for the info on the spec clutch.
Anymore oppinions--still listening.

Later

Add your comment to this topic!