Why Is My Floor Wet?

Coodeville
03-08-2005, 07:37 PM
1996 MGM. Had the same problem on my 1986 Town Car. Why does my floor get wet? It's not antifreeze. Happens all year long. No rot on the floor. Condensation from the evaporator? If so, it' it really soaks the floor.

fredjacksonsan
03-10-2005, 12:34 PM
Where is it wet?

3 blue Merks
03-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Rear passenger side? Does it have antenna on front fender? If so check the grommet where antenna cable goes through the firewall or any other grommets there.

Coodeville
03-11-2005, 04:03 AM
The anntenna is located insidethe window.

3 blue Merks
03-11-2005, 09:10 AM
Ok then check any other grommets in the firewall on the passanger side. Do you smell antifreeze? Your heater core could also be leaking.

chazmo67
03-23-2005, 03:58 PM
I had the same problem in my 1994 GM and again in my 1997 GM. I traced it to faulty windshiled installation - have you recently had your windshield replaced? Somehow it get's into the back seeat. Don't ask me how. I have the windshileds replace frequently due to my commute. Go with a high quality installer. It makes a difference.

96marquisboi
01-17-2006, 12:55 PM
i have a 96 and at this moment my floor is also wet and its only in the front. i havnt found the problem yet? but it doesnt smell like antifreeze, or like a drink or sumthing. This is still a mystery to me also? If ne one knows about this i would realy like to kno. Thanks alots

Hollowcreek
01-19-2006, 04:05 PM
It could also be that the drain in your heater/ac thats supposed to let out rain and condensation is stopped up or broken. If you have had your heater core replaced recently, its probably pinched or broken otherwise it may just be stopped up.

speedjerk245
01-24-2006, 10:40 AM
In my '86, it is leaking from the upper right side of the windshield and will leave a puddle in the back, probabley because the car is slightly lower in the rear than in the front.

panther79
01-24-2006, 02:36 PM
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: i have a 1996 vic that is currently soaked has never done this before and is only wet on the pass side the windows have ventshades,:smokin: doors were close tightly or else the car alarm will sound. the carpet does not seem wet on the side or near the hump in the middle, but the insulation on the fire wall is saturated, cannot see that any gromets are out of place
what the ....?:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

4pityssake
01-14-2010, 03:31 PM
As for the leak in the Crown Vic...Under the hood, directly below the wipers...you'll see a trough that goes all the way across the width of the car. It has a clip-on cover. Remove that cover & clean the trough out. You've probably got leaves etc. in there that are clogging the drain holes on each end.

That was my problem.

Hope it helps oyu, if not...I hope it helps the next person that needs to find out where the leak is coming from.:iceslolan

Add your comment to this topic!