Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Quest Quality, now its official

mwebber78
03-08-2005, 06:28 PM
The new QUest (04) model's ranked the single worst quality of any one vehicle in intial quality, only the Lincoln Navigator and VW Toureag had as many problems. The problem rate was 49 per 100 vehciles. For comparison the Hyundai Sonata had only 2 problems per 100 cars.......

chubbybubba1
03-08-2005, 07:59 PM
Don't just say, tell/show us where you get this info. I doubt it's from a quality source.

mwebber78
03-09-2005, 06:39 PM
yea I'd say the annual JD Power list is pretty accurate and reliable. I own a 04' Quest and you'd have to be pretty thick to think it's going to win any quality awards. Mine is always in for an extended stay at every oil change for them to fix the fit of the sliding doors, rattles, stupid cracp, etc. Here's the link if you need proof.....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7119221/

chubbybubba1
03-09-2005, 09:46 PM
Yea, JD Power isn't even metioned in your link. Consumer reports this, consumer reports that. I'm not going to live my life by what some private org. tells me to buy or not to buy.I praise Nissan for stepping up to the plate, making post production upgrades to our 04', raising the warranty to 60k. Glad I'm not stuck with one of the 49 out of 100!

We love the van.

mwebber78
03-10-2005, 11:14 AM
they can upgrade it all they want. "upgrades" and tsb's and recall's are still a pain in the ass to those of us who have to drop off a $30K van for extended stays. I think Nissan should have fired most of the engineers on the Quest project. The door hinges are too small for the weight of the doors, they didn't include noise reducing foam in the doors on 04's (that had to be added by dealers) and they even dumped the supplier who made the plastics on the interior for 05' becuase of quality issues. I read the automotive press frequently and they even had an article on how Nissan had to send engineers to the plant to fix all the problems from Japan. Hey, I salute them for fixing the issues for the people who are buying the new 05' van, but that doesn't mean I can't be pissed that I got stuck with a real low quality van.

chubbybubba1
03-10-2005, 10:28 PM
Hey, I agree.

Add your comment to this topic!