Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 kia sephia radio not working

Ferngee
03-08-2005, 03:04 PM
How do I reset the radio in a 97 kia sephia with 107,000 miles.. I changed the fuse under dash but it doesn't affect the radio.

cbeck
03-08-2005, 06:36 PM
is it asking for a code?

Ferngee
03-08-2005, 09:34 PM
is it asking for a code?
No....It's not working at all and I was trying to figure out why it wasn't working.... usually it's either a fuse or bad wiring.... I haven't been working on it...so it can't be bad wiring....so I figured that it might be coded and code locked..

cbeck
03-08-2005, 10:13 PM
i dont know what the kia radio does, my old saturn flashed "code" or something if i remember right.

but the wiring could have gone bad. grounds are common to corrode and that might be the deal.

unless you want to see if anyone else knows about the code (might get lucky, feeling lucky?:)) I'd pull the radio out and check to see that you got a hot, another hot with key on, and ground going to it first. And if that's the case, if the radio is good, you should at least see it light up i would think. really, unless you just changed out the battery or installed a new radio, i wouldn't think a code is needed. I'll check my manual tonight and see if it mentions how the code thing works on instalation...

keep us updated, and good luck

(Edit: Nope, just got home. thought my supplemental had something about radio in it, it was just about body differences and suspension.)

Add your comment to this topic!