Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Honda Accord EX V6 Alternator warning light?

REDSKINS_FAN_2005
03-08-2005, 09:49 AM
I was driving to work this morning and the light on my dash went on that is the alternator (I think that's what the light was). It is on the left side on the dash and inside the picture of the alternator it says "check". I finished driving to work and the light stayed on. Will my car start when I leave work? Shoud I continue to drive it?

Please advise. Thanks!

mpumas
03-08-2005, 11:29 AM
It means the voltage from your alternator is lower then that from your battery. Good chance the alternator is bad. You can drive it but not for very long if you need headlights. I hope it went off when you turned the key off.

mpumas
03-08-2005, 11:30 AM
The light could also come on if the accessory belt is broken. Check under the hood.

REDSKINS_FAN_2005
03-08-2005, 01:14 PM
The light could also come on if the accessory belt is broken. Check under the hood.

1. The light did go off when the car if off, but i turned the car back on and it came back on.

2. I will check under the hood to see if the accessory belt is broken, but is it easy to see the belt? I'm not sure where it's located.

Thanks for your help!

mpumas
03-08-2005, 07:34 PM
There are only two belts, one drives the steering pump, the other drives the airconditioner and alternator.

Add your comment to this topic!