Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

97 Yukon Headlights

Sprout52
03-08-2005, 01:19 AM
I have a 97 Yukon which has the headlights that come on when the key is turned on. I know I can turn them off by pushing on the park brake, but my question is, does anyone know how I can totally disable this feature? I want to install the kit where my low beams stay on with my high beams but can't install it because the high beams then come on when the truck is started. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Sam

Eggert
03-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Hi,
it is my experience that adding low beams as fills for the high beams does not give you any usable benefit.
Headlight lenses literally become sanded opaque over the years and that can take away a lot of light.
Please consider replacement headlights if you do not have enough light and the bulbs are fresh.
Take care, Eggert :bananasmi

Sprout52
03-13-2005, 12:10 PM
Its not a matter of them being brighter, I did replace the lenses already. But with the headlights always on, my bulbs don't last nearly as long. Plus I live in Alaska and don't need my lights for a few months out of the year. I would much rather switch to the day runner lights like the new ones have verses my headlights running at full all the time.

Add your comment to this topic!