Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2001 Focus Trunk

miles333
03-07-2005, 10:03 PM
My trunk will not open with the switch on the dashboard. I MUST use the key to open it. Is there an adjustment to make the switch work again? Thanks. Miles

nose-gobblin
03-09-2005, 10:14 PM
take the switch out test it with a multimeter

ttlaserwi
03-15-2005, 11:38 AM
my push button trunk release also stopped working after I programmed my new remote entry units. It only works with the key out of the ignition.

nose-gobblin
03-15-2005, 09:43 PM
well when yo set yup your new remote thing you messed up the wiring and eaither didnt dea attach the trunk or set up the remote correctly

ttlaserwi
03-16-2005, 06:29 AM
I bought the car used and it came with one key and no remotes. I took a gamble and bought a remote from chipkeys.com and used the programming instructions from focushacks.com and the remote worked. So I didn't do any wiring. Either the car had remotes and they didn't pass them along when I bought it, or all 2002 se come with the transmitter built in waiting to be programmed whether you order remotes or not. It is possible that I made a mistake in programming, but it is pretty simple. To me it doesn't matter if the push button doesn't work as long as the remote opens the trunk.

Add your comment to this topic!