Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

aftermarket stereo help

Sk8cOaStEr
03-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Just bought a new cd player for my hyundai, and I was going to put my Kenwood KDC-2022 in my mom's 2000 chrysler sebring. I got the wiring harness and install kit, and all the wires are hooked up correctly, the stereo will turn on...but I get no sound from the speakers at all. I've double checked all the connections and even hooked up the stock tape player to see if it worked, and the factory stereo still works, but the kenwood does not. It still worked while it was in my car, and the fuse isn't blown..somebody help

ckellock
03-09-2005, 07:29 PM
I found out last night when I brought home my new (used) 2002 Chrysler Sebring and tried to move the JVC I had in my Ram into it that I had the same problem. Today I spoke with a friend of mine who owns a large car customizing shop, and he said to make sure I connected the blue with white stripe wire (accessory). In the past I was always told that was for a power antenna, bt apparently if you look under the front passenger seat this car has a built in amplifier. It's turned on by the signal on the blue with white stripe wire.

I never bothered to connect that wire as I did not have a power antenna. When I hooked that wire up, the system rocks!

Add your comment to this topic!