Page updated on 09-22-2017

Not sure if i'm happy! :(

MyBabyZ350
03-07-2005, 03:43 PM
Hey guys, 22/f and I'm new here on AF. I have a 2003 touring Z. I just wanted to know if there is a major difference in the 2003 and 2004? (like the suspension?) Would i be better off with and 04? Please let me know.

Bdetore
03-07-2005, 04:29 PM
Hey Baby, Just wanted to say it that way. If there's one thing I can tell you no matter what you buy you are going to have second thoughts. Look at me, I haven't bought yet and I still am having second thoughts. Thanks for your advice in the other string by the way. I'm probably getting the red one with the navi,... but back to your question. There are different suspensions, brakes, and all kinds of packages that everyone else here probably knows more about, but since you've already got your '03, be happy with it. Newer doesn't always mean better. I'm looking at one of the last 2004 loaded G35's in the country because in '05 They got rid of the Brembos and made the engine spin higher but lost the low end torque. There's always going to be something. And in '06 they'll probably come up with something that is shinier and prettier than the '05's. In the end they are all good fun cars, and if you have something you like already, be happy as you can with it. Plus, there's always the aftermarket. You can do anything you want to the one you got if you're willing to throw enough money at it. :jump3:

MyBabyZ350
03-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Thanks so much...i feel much better now. I'm never going to be satisified with any car i get. Like you said, there's aways going to be something. But i love my baby and I'm going to have to look into aftermarket. Good luck with your G35. Let me know how you like it. That is what i plan on getting when i'm gone with my Z. Something a little more practical...alot more practical ;)

Bdetore
03-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Practical? I was trying to be less practical. I've been driving trucks since I was 16, I thought after I blew the motor in my Ramcharger I would go buy something fast. Not that she was slow: Magnum 360 R/T heads, camshaft, roller rockers, double roller chain, Hi-po SBEC, custom 3" cat back, and a driver that refused to be slow. But, back to the point. I've pretty much decided on the Red one, I'm looking into how I'm going to ship it from Missouri to Seattle. I would fly down and drive it back, but work and scheduling won't allow that. Then I have to put the 3m stuff on it to save the paint, it can never be easy. If you're anything like me nothing will make you completely happy, but it'll serve it's purpose for some time. Another $20K and I'd have bought a black '05 corvette with the Z51 package and the 6 speed. Then I would've been all upset when I couldn't afford the Z06 at when it domes out this fall. If I could afford that it would be the porsche I wanted, or the Ferrari after that. It never really ends. I'll just have to settle for looking better than 90% of the people as opposed to 99.9%. Assuming I don't wrap myself around phone poll I'll let you know.

MyBabyZ350
03-08-2005, 08:45 PM
...I meant more practical than a Z for me... :grinyes:

Bdetore
03-09-2005, 06:57 PM
...I meant more practical than a Z for me... :grinyes:
I did it MyBaby. assuming shipping goes well I'll have it in 1-2 weeks. Thanx for the advice y'all.

MyBabyZ350
03-10-2005, 08:53 AM
How exciting! You'll have to post pix!

Bdetore
03-10-2005, 11:09 AM
How exciting! You'll have to post pix!

If I can. I don't do a lot of camera stuff. I'm more of a memory guy. Plus, it's basically going to be a stock coupe with the red paint. I'm sure a good majority of the fans here aren't that impressed with stock. Besides, if I ever do any of the exhaust, cold air, or engine mods, I'm going to do my best to keep it looking stock. Well,...I wouldn't mind some better wheels. We'll see. Only a week or so to go. This should be interesting. If you're ever in Seattle,... :bigthumb:

Add your comment to this topic!