Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

My engine

G2002
03-24-2002, 05:36 PM
Hey guys please help me out, i have a 2002 G and I have noticed for the past 3 days the engine has been smelling like it is burning or something. The smell you get after you have pushed it very hard or raced. I even get this smell with the engine is off. Does anyone have the correct idling rpm's becuase i think mine is idling a little low 2. The tachy seems a little wavy while idling is this normal? Also when shifting from 1st to second and sometimes from second to 3rd my car jumps, does this mean i need a new clutch already? Thanx i seriously need your guys's help ANYTHING PLEASE. thanx

AznVirus
03-25-2002, 11:09 PM
check your spark plugs as well, i got a burning smell and water just got into one of my spark plugs wells, nothing big.

TIZAO
03-26-2002, 09:07 PM
YoUR car is still new, so it could just be burning off the covering that is sprayed on the engine and exhaust pieces.........all cars do that! :alien: :bloated: :licker: :smoka: :flash:

sfg20t
03-27-2002, 04:09 AM
lol speaking of which, when i did mods on my car. i did the headers and greddy exhaust the same day, and started her up. man, that burning smell was real bad. hahahaha

Bopper359
03-27-2002, 08:31 AM
I had that happen with my 2001 G too. Are you sure its not the exaust? I thought my smell was coming from the engine but it ended up being the exaust. I talked to a few people about it and they said its from the brand of gas. Some gasses have a higher sulfur content and cause that smelling with some cars. I've never noticed it with any other car I've owned but the G. I've found that Mobil works out pretty well. But after about a year with the car the problem seemed to fix its self and now I can use whatever gas without a problem so I'm not really sure what the issue was. I talked to Infiniti and they seemed to admit that he had seen this problem a lot but really didn't know what it was or how to fix it.
It could also be the engine burning as the other posts said.

Hope this helps,

Jim

Add your comment to this topic!