Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

pre-70's professional series

topdown50
03-07-2005, 09:43 AM
OK, What's up with this series? I've been chugging along without too many issues, I've even been challenging myself in the professional events and am only upgrading my cars to compete. Then comes this Series that you need a Pre-1970's car. I had won a Ginetta car and thought I'd just use that. I get smoked by the 427 Cobra. So I upgraded the Ginetta to the gills and I still get beat. That car just doesn't handle very goodor maybe it's the 235hp level. So I didn't waiste too much time looking around for another car to buy and picked up a late-60's vette. I didn't have much time, so I raced the first race only once, but still lost when I went into the grass. It seems like the faster I make my car, the better that Cobra is. I should be able to outrace that car later, but just wondered what everone else had experienced?

BTW- for those with children around, I've got a good story. My 9yr old boy has been playing a little bit, mostly in the beginner league. He digs being able to contribute to my winnings. It's pretty funny also that he uses a Ford Lightning truck or the Chevy Silverado. He's got Nascar 05 and loves the damage he can inflict on other cars. Anyways, I showed him the Special Condition events and had him running the 2nd series. He won the series and the rally car w/o too much issue. He's usually all over the track and I thought he'd get tagged with 5-sec penalties and give up. Low and behold, I've got my kid generating me cash on the side.

DSM-Mark
03-07-2005, 11:03 AM
Simple solution: use the 427 Cobra...

Although, when I tried to use the 427, I ended up in the grass way too easily as well, so I B-spec'd it for an easy win.

topdown50
03-07-2005, 12:02 PM
Of course, I should have thought of that. For some reason I thought that car couldn't be bought.

kfoote
03-07-2005, 12:45 PM
yep, I used the 427. Properly set up, it can be driven with being able to keep it on the track. I also used the 427 Cobra for the 1000 miles! series. The 427 has the most miles on it of any car I own, though my Chapparal 2J is catching up.

topdown50
03-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Man, some of you guys have a lot more time on you hands than me. I get an hour, maybe two a day to play. Some days none :banghead:

lamehonda
03-07-2005, 05:55 PM
Is there a way to win the 427? I don't want to fork out the half million for that crap.

topdown50
03-08-2005, 04:58 AM
I completely agree here. I bought the AC Cobra and I think it turns for crap. Unless I just haven't figured out how to set it up. From my experience so far in GT4, if a car doesn't transfer weight well during braking to the front tires, I can't turn the car.

Whats the difference between the Shelby Cobra and AC Cobra?

Is there a way to win the 427? I don't want to fork out the half million for that crap.

kfoote
03-08-2005, 11:43 AM
The Cobra does not handle particularly well, but it has so much more power than the other pre-1970 cars that it doesn't really matter. In that respect, it's very similar to its real life counterpart.

The Shelby IIRC has about 50 HP nmorre to start than the Shelby.

530k may seem like a lot, but there are so many pre-1970 races that you can run with it that it's worth it. It's not the most fun, or easiest car to drive, but it's worth buying.

YellowMaranello
03-08-2005, 12:05 PM
Chapparal 2J. I love that car. Another fun fact about it... With all the upgrades, you can get it to run an 8.5 in the quarter.

longlivetheZ
03-08-2005, 02:40 PM
I bought a 69 Stingray to use for the "1000 Miles!" races and modded the PISS outta it. I'm currently on my 20th lap of the first race and I'm TWO LAPS ahead of the 2nd place car! Gotta love B-Spec mode. The Vette wasn't cheap, but it wasn't expensive either...and I'll win...hell...what is it...$75,000 per race or some shit and some-$150,000 for the series plus the bonus car...I'll fork out some cash for all that!

I don't need no stinkin Cobra...I plan on using this car on every race I can cuz there's probably not much from that day that'll beat it...these cars in this race are just NO competition at all...but I know there has to be faster 70s cars then these...Karmann Ghia?...Fiat?...come on...Karmann Ghia is cool as shit though...

EDIT: Sorry...for the "1000 Miles!" championship...it's $150,000 PER RACE and $300,000 for the series...plus a bonus car...

EVOclipse
03-29-2005, 09:52 PM
well i used the chevelle SS and the stingray corvet fully modded out. the way to beat the cobra is to practice. and atleast qualify 2nd. i bspeced the last 3 races with a 2nd or 1st poll positon and easily won. with half the hassle

dantheman00114
03-30-2005, 12:06 AM
i used a 427 and b-spec'ed the whole thing... the cobra is way to hard to steer

Redcivic3
03-30-2005, 01:09 AM
have you tryed the C2 Z06 corvette you win from the Vette'Vette'Vette' race ?

Add your comment to this topic!