Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

98 Malibu clicking and shift indicator lights

bromark
03-07-2005, 08:44 AM
I have a 98 malibu that has a clicking that sounds like the blinkers only faster. I have also noticed that at times when I press the brake peddle the sift position indicator and odometer light dim and there is a click. This all started small and at times is now non stop clicking.

bromark
03-09-2005, 09:54 PM
I found the problem and it cured a number of problems. I found out later that the radio would go on and off going down the road (this is my daughter's car) the passenger carpartment light would go on and off and there was the constant click if a relay. It turned out to be the ground on the body right in front of the battery tray was coroaded. when I fixed that everything went back to normal.

Bowhunters
04-16-2005, 04:50 AM
My 99 Malibu did the same exact type of things, radio quiting, electronics clicking, headlights and dash going dark when coming to a stop, etc.

It all started a few weeks after I replaced the battery with a new one I purchased at a Walmart, evidently I didn't get the battery cables tight enough and they had backed out just enough to lose continuety.

I cranked them down extra tight and haven't had that problem since.

Bow.

Add your comment to this topic!