Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Prk Ave Aux Pwr

LeBuick
03-06-2005, 08:45 PM
On my 2002 park ave there is a aux power outlet on the right front corner of the driver seat as you sit in the seat. It is right by your right leg if you are sitting in the drivers seat. The power seems to turn off after a while and it doesn't charge my cell phone. How do I make that plug always live?

In my 2000 Lesabre it was a matter of changing the position of a fuse under the hood but doesn't look the same for this one.

tman
03-07-2005, 06:17 AM
You sure you've got the cell phone charger pushed in all the way?

Also check to make sure theres no corrosion inside the outlet.

In mom's 1999 PA, the outlet is always on.

LeBuick
03-07-2005, 11:19 AM
I found it in the owners manual, the manual says it stays on 10 minutes after turning off the vehicle. It also says the dealer can change that setting. Hope it doesn't cost me bucks like every othertime they hook to the OBD II puter....

LeBuick
03-09-2005, 08:40 PM
The dealership says this Aux jack is not programmable even though the owners manual clearly says it is. They also never knew the jack existed though they found it on a few other cars after I showed them where it was. The guy said, "wow, I always wondered where the aux pwr jack was on these things".

You think I should try a different dealership or am I stuck with a Aux Pwr jack that turns off after 10 minutes?

edicted
03-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Mine has the same deal - but it has something like a surge when you sit on the seat at the right spot my cell phone AND the laser/radar detector plugged into the main cig. lighter both will loose power for a split second then get power back. I think it's a loose wire somewhere.

Add your comment to this topic!