Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 rodeo will not start

countryroadhouse
03-05-2005, 11:41 AM
Having problem here with my 95 rodeo 3.2 engine. Replaced timing belt and crank position sensor. Its getting fuel.. I cleaned the egr valve and when i try to start it, it tries to start but acts as if its out of time.. Before it died on me, it would have a no start problem, and sometimes it would start ....i have spark but it is weak . Could it be the electronic control module, plugs or wires need help here

countryroadhouse
03-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Having problem here with my 95 rodeo 3.2 engine. Replaced timing belt and crank position sensor. Its getting fuel.. I cleaned the egr valve and when i try to start it, it tries to start but acts as if its out of time.. Before it died on me, it would have a no start problem, and sometimes it would start ....i have spark but it is weak . Could it be the electronic control module, plugs or wires need help here
ps... there are no codes present and the check engine light has never came on

Canucklehead
03-05-2005, 01:16 PM
Are you sure the timing belt marks were lined up correctly when you installed it?

countryroadhouse
03-05-2005, 04:15 PM
ps... there are no codes present and the check engine light has never came on
yes alll marks on belt aligned with camshafts and crank

Darius03
01-23-2007, 01:39 PM

I have similar problem and the shop wher I brought my 95 Isuzu Rodeo said that the diagnostics came up with the electroni control module failure.
It is a very expensive part - the electronic control module upwards of $700.

Anyone in this forum who can give me an idea as to the failure rate of the electronic control module in the Rodeo or any car for that matter?

amigo-2k
01-23-2007, 03:54 PM
never heard of one failing.

surferfletch
01-23-2007, 04:38 PM
I'd be curious to know the exact codes. I would suspect a coilpack before the ECM.

Add your comment to this topic!