Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Integra vs. RX-7

porscheguy9999
03-05-2005, 11:23 AM
I just was wondering what car is more preferred for street racing. I'd say Integra. Because its an Acura. But thats me.

pre98zetec
03-05-2005, 11:26 AM
TT rx-7

CivRacer95
03-05-2005, 11:34 AM
I've heard the RX-7 has it's problems. Personally for me I would choose the Integra. But I'm biased because I'm a Honda owner. If you can, get a Type R or a GS-R. Those would be the only two Tegs I would own.

Might I suggest the car comparisons forum. Even though you have been on the forums for a while, I think you would get a better response there. L8...

silentscreams85
03-05-2005, 01:05 PM
if it was just a weekend car...id take the rx-7...but you cant deny the reliability of honda...overall it would be the teg

-The Stig-
03-05-2005, 01:16 PM
Rx-7 has the RWD advantage for drag racing, and under the correct trim and year... single or twin turbos.

Stock vs Stock Rx-7 = teh w1n.

But what year Rx-7 are we talking about? Anywho, this going to Car Comparisons.

kman10587
03-05-2005, 03:08 PM
The RX-7 is superior in every way performance-wise, but the Integra has much better gas mileage and reliability. If you're just looking for the ultimate street racer, take the RX-7; it'll blow the Integra or any other "Acura" out of the water. But if you want something cheap and reliable as well, the Integra GS-R or Type R is the way to go.

fierangero
03-05-2005, 06:31 PM
hondas are reliable until you get in a fender bender...well a normal persons fender bender, whole car-bender for a honda...:D

kman10587
03-05-2005, 08:38 PM
fierangero: That was a pretty ignorant comment. Integras are as rigid as any other car, and the Type R's are really rock solid. They score well in safety tests, so why would you say something like that?

aznxthuggie
03-05-2005, 08:51 PM
fierangero: That was a pretty ignorant comment. Integras are as rigid as any other car, and the Type R's are really rock solid. They score well in safety tests, so why would you say something like that?

i agree, thats ignorant n not helpful

the rx7 isnt a tank either im sure those things would tear apart in an accident

which car.. hmm i'd pick the integra if u can find a GSR, why?

well an ls/gs or w/e models there are have a 142hp engine, the gsr has a 170hp engine, and the type R.. well even tho it has a 195hp engine it would be a waste just for street racing, if u find a type r i hope u do more with it then just streetrace

B18CIVIC1997
03-06-2005, 10:05 AM
actually i think fierangero was just saying that honda's damage more easily than an rx-7 which is probably true. I was in a 15 MPH accident and ended up costing $3,000 to fix. I think honda's are build to collapse when they get hit, for safety reasons. to absorb impact. Im probably making this up, but my friend owns an rx-7 and it does seem like it could take a little more abuse without causing damage. idk thats just my own thought. sorry about that being off topic, just something on my mind

aznxthuggie
03-06-2005, 12:50 PM
actually i think fierangero was just saying that honda's damage more easily than an rx-7 which is probably true. I was in a 15 MPH accident and ended up costing $3,000 to fix. I think honda's are build to collapse when they get hit, for safety reasons. to absorb impact. Im probably making this up, but my friend owns an rx-7 and it does seem like it could take a little more abuse without causing damage. idk thats just my own thought. sorry about that being off topic, just something on my mind

i kinda get where he was comin at.. but japanese cars in general were never really "built" so i wouldn't expect either car to be that great, also if they both have that 5 start crash saftey rating then it wouldn't be that much different right?

drunken monkey
03-06-2005, 03:11 PM
actually, cars that crumple are arguably far safer than cars that don't.
crash safety is just that, about safety.
what determines the score is how much damage a person inside the car would sustain.
it has nothing to do with the exterior's ability to take knocks.

MexSiR
03-06-2005, 05:46 PM
You cannot compare an RX-7 with an Integra.
Two very different cars. The RX-7 is better performance wise. Period.

FormulaLT1
03-06-2005, 06:48 PM
RX-7 is the better performance car and since thats what I look for in a car, RX-7 hands down. If I was looking a all around good daily driver car I would take the integra though.

John

jncodave
03-07-2005, 12:23 AM
But if you want something cheap and reliable as well, the Integra GS-R or Type R is the way to go.

I am not contesting the fact that the Integra is reliable because hondas are the most reliable cars on the road next to toyota, but the Type R is definitely not cheap to buy. Theres a 98 Type R at a used car dealership in my town and they want $20,000 for it. That is just ridiculous to me, i'm not going to pay that much for an economy car.

kman10587
03-07-2005, 01:34 AM
$20,000 for a '98 Type R? That's ridiculously overpriced. It should be selling for $15,000 tops. That's about how much you'll pay for a very good condition '95 RX-7. However, let's look at the fuel economy. The Integra Type R gets about 25 mpg around town and over 30 on the highway. The RX-7 is lucky to break 20 for either one. What will insurance be cheaper for: a front-wheel-drive, four-cylinder four-seater, or a rear-wheel-drive, turbocharged sports car? And because of the rarity and exclusivity of the rotary engine, parts and maintenance are considerably more expensive. So, in the long run, the RX-7 is going to cost much more to own than the Integra Type R. That said, performance is a very high priority for me, so I would take the RX-7 any day, but there is no question that the Integra is the more sensible choice. You can't really compare these two cars.

aznxthuggie
03-07-2005, 01:39 AM
i wouldn't say the type r is an economy car, its built for a purpose, lightweight track car (no seriously tho), the integra type r is still has the best handling for a fwd car

kman10587
03-07-2005, 01:45 AM
Agreed. The fact that the Integra Type R is economical doesn't make it an economy car. It's definitely at home doing hot laps around your local race track or mountain pass. But it's still not in the same price class, performance class, or market class as the RX-7, and the two don't deserve to be compared.

Right_LiRrr
03-10-2005, 05:23 AM
i wouldn't say the type r is an economy car, its built for a purpose, lightweight track car (no seriously tho), the integra type r is still has the best handling for a fwd carBest handling for a FWD means as much as fastest swimmer in the toddler's pool :icon16::p

All jokes aside, I really love the teg. Then again, I love the RX-7 as well. I'd pick the Integra Type-R, however, purely because I would only be able to afford to keep one car and I would need it to be a daily driver as well so gas mileage and reliability would play big parts...and well, I hear that some people say Hondas are pretty good for that.

But since you say street racing, I'd definitely go for the RX-7. Just much more potential, and overall just better in every other aspect except reliability and fuel economy.

I also agree with what's said above, the two cars don't really deserve to be compared (and economy car? Integra? Serious?).

drunken monkey
03-10-2005, 08:46 AM
....insurance isn't just about what you see on paper.
they're not stupid; they do know what a type-r is.

the reason why rx-7s are cheaper on the 2nd hand market are because they are 'cheaper' cars.
it's a top end car but the engineering involved is actually quite simple (apart from the engine and sequential turbo set up....).
the type-r on the other hand has a super trick engine and diff in that little body (what's the diff cost? £1500-2000?)
in the uk at least, it is also quite a rare car and is easily more collectable/desirable than the rx-7.

Right_LiRrr
03-11-2005, 04:15 AM
....insurance isn't just about what you see on paper.
they're not stupid; they do know what a type-r is.

the reason why rx-7s are cheaper on the 2nd hand market are because they are 'cheaper' cars.
it's a top end car but the engineering involved is actually quite simple (apart from the engine and sequential turbo set up....).
the type-r on the other hand has a super trick engine and diff in that little body (what's the diff cost? £1500-2000?)
in the uk at least, it is also quite a rare car and is easily more collectable/desirable than the rx-7.

The Integra type-R is more rare than the RX-7?? I suppose it depends on the country you live in. But I can say that in Australia the Type-R was a production model right up until this year when it was replaced by the Type-S....why Honda decided to do that I have no idea. The pussies who couldn't handle the NVH of the type-r already had (and still have) the integra luxury..:eek7:

kman10587
03-11-2005, 12:45 PM
They're both pretty rare here in America. It's really hard to know if you're looking at a real Type R, though, because so many people just take a lesser Integra and put the Type R badges on.

drunken monkey
03-11-2005, 05:29 PM
well.... the type-r is pretty rare, especially a proper uk spec/warrenty car.
the rx-7 didn't last long before it fell foul to noise regs and dodgy behaviour from dealers but the integra type-r was availbale up until quite recently (a year ago?).
both were available but neither were that popular.
instead, what you see these days are import versions of both which adds to the price hike of uk Type-Rs.
not to mention that rx-7s are going to be older cars.

honda have recently decided to pull back on the performance/sports cars.
as far as i know, the 2nd gen s2000 has been pulled, nsx is gone, the uk isn't likely to get the accord type-r, as you've pointed out, there's no proper integra type-r.....
all we have left that's likely to stay, is the civic type-r.

kman10587
03-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Toyota is doing it too. Here in the States, the MR-S and Celica are both about to die. The Camry is the most boring of the family sedans; the other big five Japanese automakers all offer a manual transmission on their midsize sedans, except Mitsubishi and Honda (you can still get a manual V6 Accord, but as a coupe). The Corolla is equally bland, with the exception of the new XRS version. The sportiest RWD Toyota that you can get over here is the Lexus IS 300, which is not all that fast for the money since it has to do double-duty as a luxury car.

I think the best Japanese automaker right now is Subaru. The WRX has firmly established them as a company capable of making exciting, fresh, lively cars, and the new Legacy 2.5GT is already receiving rave reviews. The Forester is one of the first and the best of the modern small SUVs, offering car-like safety and practicality.

beef_bourito
03-11-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm just speaking from what I've heard here, not from personal experiance. If it's going to be a daily driven car, the integra has a beafier low-end because rotaries rev increadibly high, the teg might be a little more comfortable for daily driving. For performance, the rx-7 is better, if you want the faster car go with the mazda.

rumrunner88
03-15-2005, 10:39 AM
integras are really nice cars and cheap but put one on the line against a rx7 there is no competition

nbw
03-18-2005, 01:33 AM
apples and oranges. One is a twin turbo rwd flagship true sports car that was priced to compete with entry level porsche's and the other is a sporty, practicle fwd coupe.
I wouldnt look at either car for street(drag) racing.

Add your comment to this topic!