Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 EB Air suspension shock question

Ramphog
03-05-2005, 03:04 AM
Been trying to find an answer to this forever. Maybe one of you can help me out.

I have a 99 Expo EB with the air lift suspension. The ride is getting horrible. Figured I would replace the shocks ( it has 76K on it, I am sure they are past due)

My question is with the air lift suspension what shocks if any can I put on there? Cant find any, or any one that knows of any. Kind of hard to believe Ford would make a rig that you can not replace the shocks on. Some say get Bilsten or edlebrock, but with the air lift suspension arnt the shocks tied into the air lift system? Wouldnt I need some OEM or similar type shock or strut?

I dont want to lift it or lower it, would just like to control some of the body roll and smooth out the ride a little.

I saw these but I am not sure if they are what I need or not.

http://www.suspension-alternatives.com/Ford-Expedition-Air-Suspension-System.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated, hopefully it comes in before I just trade the old red beast in.

Thanks in advance.

c_j005
12-18-2005, 02:01 PM
Been trying to find an answer to this forever. Maybe one of you can help me out.

I have a 99 Expo EB with the air lift suspension. The ride is getting horrible. Figured I would replace the shocks ( it has 76K on it, I am sure they are past due)

My question is with the air lift suspension what shocks if any can I put on there? Cant find any, or any one that knows of any. Kind of hard to believe Ford would make a rig that you can not replace the shocks on. Some say get Bilsten or edlebrock, but with the air lift suspension arnt the shocks tied into the air lift system? Wouldnt I need some OEM or similar type shock or strut?

I dont want to lift it or lower it, would just like to control some of the body roll and smooth out the ride a little.

I saw these but I am not sure if they are what I need or not.

http://www.suspension-alternatives.com/Ford-Expedition-Air-Suspension-System.html

Any help would be greatly appreciated, hopefully it comes in before I just trade the old red beast in.

Thanks in advance.
Is the car sitting low to the ground or is the ride just rough?

Add your comment to this topic!