Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

starting problems HELP needed

samunik
03-04-2005, 01:33 PM
hi guys

i am 1 of those unfortunate guys who never knew this website existed until i bought a boo. i bought a 99 bu a month back, first of all it was leaking coolant, i got it fixed with a new water pump and then i got the radiator flushed and have grren antifreez in there.

now the real problem, i am in iowa and its cold i remote srat my car in the morning and it starts like a charm, but when i get into it after some time and start to drive it shuts down , i can start it again but i have to press on gas or i leave it idling it shuts off, but this happens only for maybe like 5-7 minutes after that its fine. the first time it did this CHECK light came on and i took it to a mecha ic, he changes the MASS AIR FLOW sensor, but it gives the same problem without any CHECK light. and this problem exists in morning only. so when i take to mechanic, there is no problem.

please help everyday i wake up to go to office i pray that it does not shut off in the middle of road.

plz. END my AGONY

spflick
03-04-2005, 08:48 PM
hey there i have about the same thing going on with my car and it just dies when ever and where ever and it seems to have a extremely rough idle i have changed the plugs and wires and that did not fix it so im at a loss. i have not trouble codes and the mechanic cant get it to do it either so if you find whats wrong with yours yaller back
plz end my troubles

samunik
03-15-2005, 01:18 PM
i have found a little secrect for my car, my mechanic told me that it might be the coolant temperature sensor, so what i do as i have a remote start, i start it up in the morning about 1 hr. b4 i am suppose to leave for office. and let it running for about 5-7 minutes. then shut it off.

when i start it up for the office it works fine. try this.......

Add your comment to this topic!