Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

99 intrigue 3800

15thurman
03-04-2005, 07:25 AM
here one for you.
Pulled out into traffic ,car died, hard to restart. had it towed to a local joe blow shop. new gas filter tune up. took it home , car died.

I started to do some self diagnostics under my maple tree. I pulled a censor plug on the air breather and the enginge started right up. call a friend Gm Mechanic and he came over and said the MAS Mass Air censor was bad.
called dealer for part $155.00 no guarantee if I installed it. called LKQ a national chain with a local salvage yard near me. $35.00 for MAS with 6 month full guarentee.
2 screws and one electical connection later the car is runnning better than new!

BNaylor
03-04-2005, 08:34 PM
here one for you.
Pulled out into traffic ,car died, hard to restart. had it towed to a local joe blow shop. new gas filter tune up. took it home , car died.

I started to do some self diagnostics under my maple tree. I pulled a censor plug on the air breather and the enginge started right up. call a friend Gm Mechanic and he came over and said the MAS Mass Air censor was bad.
called dealer for part $155.00 no guarantee if I installed it. called LKQ a national chain with a local salvage yard near me. $35.00 for MAS with 6 month full guarentee.
2 screws and one electical connection later the car is runnning better than new!

Its a common problem on all GM cars with the 3800. MAF - Mass Airflow Sensor. I've been through two. One on my 99 Regal and another on 97 GP GTP. Going to change the one on our 02 Alero GL2 just for general principle.

Add your comment to this topic!