Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Transmission?

Jippi
03-03-2005, 07:29 PM
i put a used transmission in my mazda mpv from a working car and a distributer from a working car and the car now runs and drives when cold but as the engine warms up you need to literally floor the car to get it to go, and it goes slow. whens its cold it runs fine. is it a bad tranny or a bad distributer? i had the mazda dealer diagnosis it and they said that the engine timing was off and the tranny was fine, so i had then put a new timing belt in and double and triple checked the timing marks. and they were fine. what could it be? i dun really want to give up on the car just yet due to it having less then 110 k miles and its sentimental value. thanks in advance
Jippi

Doc_Ratchet
03-03-2005, 07:55 PM
If you had the engine at top dead center and your crank & cam timing marks lined up, I'd say double check the distributer to make sure it's lined up properly, then put a timing light on it to make sure you're not about 10 degrees off. Those 10 degrees will really make all the difference in the world. Once that's done, if it's still running rough, I'd get a hold of a code reader and check its brain for any error codes then go from there. Hope this helps.

Jippi
03-15-2005, 11:06 AM
checked the timing and its at the T which i think is tdc. but found out that the disc brakes in front siezed up, but the car still drives but needs alot of gas to go and after a while it halts. could the brakes have a part in this dilemma? thanks in advance jippi

typesix
03-30-2005, 02:58 PM
Well, if disc brakes up front seized, that explains why the van can't go very well.

Add your comment to this topic!