Phenomenal Cars of GT4

DSM-Mark
03-03-2005, 04:01 PM
This post is to list cars that you have found to be phenomenal in GT4, so that people can be inspired to go out and win/buy themselves one...

My biggest surprise so far has been the Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car. It's a concept WRC car, that to my knowledge, has no real basis. You win it in the second Special Conditions Easy event (a road course I beat with an EVO I, mildly modded). The RSC has ~450 hp out of the box, and handling that is out of this world. Add a stage 4 turbo (~550 hp) and Racing Super Soft rubber, and you'll tear up street courses with it. Oddly enough, I cannot do anything with it in rally, as it seems to have way too much momentum.

After driving this thing a lot, I tried out a 520 hp Peugeot 205 rally car, also with R5 Super Softs. The RSC handled far, far better. Give it a try if you don't own it already!

BP2K2Max
03-03-2005, 04:31 PM
i hated that yota rally car. i just sold it for the 265,000 credits.

DSM-Mark
03-03-2005, 05:19 PM

Wow, that surprises me. Were you using it in the dirt, on the road, or both? Honestly, on the road, I haven't had a better car (for the early stages, anyway... I don't have any 900 hp supercars). I literally start braking in the corner.

XeVeNskyLiNE
03-03-2005, 07:03 PM

ditto. it sucked red baboon ass on the dirt, but i never thought about tryin it on the tarmac since i have alot of cars to take car of that.
and btw, is it just me, OR IS RALLYING HARD AS HELL THIS TIME?!?!?!?

longlivetheZ
03-08-2005, 03:15 PM
Of course the GT-Rs are always great. I bought a R-32 Skyline GT-R N1 and modded the FUCK out of it. I love it. Handles great...runs 8's in the quarter...love it. Another car that really impressed me was the G35 Coupe. No forced induction available for it kinda bummed me out, but I modded it anyway...runs in the low 10s in the quarter!...same as my fully modded Z06!

MAJOR disappointment: The Ford GT...worst brakes on the game and very not good handling. Don't waste your money.

topdown50
03-09-2005, 11:04 AM
I found the Impreza Rally car to be much better on dirt than the Yota, but it's still harder this time around. The Yota performed pretty well for me on the tarmac when I didn't have many cars. Although, I really didn't mod it out or put R5 tires on it to find out how good.

I found snow/ice racing to be down right disappointing.

my first real race car that I won so far is the Camaro LM race car. I modded it to 900+HP and I love it. I can only imagine having better cars. I'm just a cheapass and don't feel like spending $1.2m for a Chapparel 2J or other cars. I feel like I should be able to win them until I have some serious bank. I keep buying other cars or modding up the ones I win to keep my bank around $1m

ditto. it sucked red baboon ass on the dirt, but i never thought about tryin it on the tarmac since i have alot of cars to take car of that.

longlivetheZ
03-09-2005, 03:31 PM
The most I've had is ~730,000 credits. I've spent most of it on cars and mods. I have a bad habit of buying new cars just for single series and modding the hell out of them...gets expensive after a while.

I REALLY want a Chapparel 2J...I can NOT beat that thing for my LIFE in that one series in the American races part. I couldn't figure out WHY it was so damn FAST...then I realized that the damn thing has...like...600 something hp or something like that and only weighs ~800Kg! I'm starting to think that the only way I'm gunna beat it is to use it...

I also bought another GT-R...this time it's a brand new Spec-V II N1 modded to the max...oddly enough, it's just BARELY a tiny tick faster than my old, cheap R32. I bought it and built it up to win the Supercar Challenge...THAT was fuckin hard...that Cien is FAST AS FUCK...

Can anyone else relate to me with this?: When I get a bonus car, I either want A) a car I want to keep or B) car that's worth a lot...I'm SICK of getting bonus cars that suck AND aren't worth anything...I now have 2 Mazda6's that aren't fuckin worth anything...to keep or sell...getting sick of that shit. I remember the prototypes in GT3 were usually woth a LOT...they aren't worth a fuckin THING in this one and it kinda sucks...

DSM-Mark
03-09-2005, 04:04 PM
The most I've had is ~730,000 credits. I've spent most of it on cars and mods. I have a bad habit of buying new cars just for single series and modding the hell out of them...gets expensive after a while.

I REALLY want a Chapparel 2J...I can NOT beat that thing for my LIFE in that one series in the American races part. I couldn't figure out WHY it was so damn FAST...then I realized that the damn thing has...like...600 something hp or something like that and only weighs ~800Kg! I'm starting to think that the only way I'm gunna beat it is to use it...

I also bought another GT-R...this time it's a brand new Spec-V II N1 modded to the max...oddly enough, it's just BARELY a tiny tick faster than my old, cheap R32. I bought it and built it up to win the Supercar Challenge...THAT was fuckin hard...that Cien is FAST AS FUCK...

Can anyone else relate to me with this?: When I get a bonus car, I either want A) a car I want to keep or B) car that's worth a lot...I'm SICK of getting bonus cars that suck AND aren't worth anything...I now have 2 Mazda6's that aren't fuckin worth anything...to keep or sell...getting sick of that shit. I remember the prototypes in GT3 were usually woth a LOT...they aren't worth a fuckin THING in this one and it kinda sucks...

I gotta agree about winning useless cars. Like winning those old motor carriages. Even winning cool cars, but since they're a prototype, you can't do anything with them but give them away. I like doing races several times to win the car several times and get some return for the money you put into making your car competitive. When the winning car isn't even worth 1 credit, there's hardly a point in reracing a series (at least money-wise).

I'm also a little disappointed with not being able to race several cars that should totally be race-able. I bought and tuned the Caterham Super 7 thinking I would be an ass in the 3400 mm lightweight race and blow them all out of the water. un-un. You cannot race the Super 7 in a race competition, the very thing that car was designed to do! I was really not happy about that. :nono:

longlivetheZ
03-09-2005, 04:33 PM
No idea what car you're referring to...why won't it let you enter it?

I ran the Daimler Motor Buggy thing or whatever it is in the quarter mile when I won it just to see how slow it really was...with it's whopping 1 hp...wow...ever run the quarter at a top speed of a whopping 12 mph?...bet you haven't...:p...took over a minute and a half...it was pretty funny...

AvAlAnChE1090
03-09-2005, 05:28 PM
are you crazy! in the licences, i got golds with seconds to spare without trying (dirt and snow) or maybe im just good at drifiting :evillol:

slyguy
03-18-2005, 10:11 AM
you lucky sumbitches, I havent gotten to play it yet. I ain't got enough cash to buy the game, much less the system! I don't have ANY game systems. sucks for me.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghe ad::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

XeVeNskyLiNE
03-18-2005, 02:24 PM
are you crazy! in the licences, i got golds with seconds to spare without trying (dirt and snow) or maybe im just good at drifiting :evillol:

once i started practice drifting on tarmac i pretty much took the same technique to the dirt and now i've beat all the special condition races.

man that damn Daimler Motor Buggy is garbage. it cant even get up the first hill on Nurburing. woulda been cool if that let you mod it, lol.

topdown50
03-18-2005, 02:44 PM
once i started practice drifting on tarmac i pretty much took the same technique to the dirt and now i've beat all the special condition races.

man that damn Daimler Motor Buggy is garbage. it cant even get up the first hill on Nurburing. woulda been cool if that let you mod it, lol.

I tried modding it too...lol

I think I'm also starting to get the hang of rally driving.

ModifiedCars
03-18-2005, 08:22 PM
I love how you can buy older cars in this one, I always go into the historic & buy about 7 cars ^.^

I really love the TRueno w/ the CF hood & the Intial D style rims, And the TVR's are nice too.

longlivetheZ
03-18-2005, 09:53 PM
For the special condition races, there's nothing better then the toyota Rally Raid truck-ish type thing I won...that thing kicks so much ass.

XeVeNskyLiNE
03-18-2005, 10:31 PM
I love how you can buy older cars in this one, I always go into the historic & buy about 7 cars ^.^

I really love the TRueno w/ the CF hood & the Intial D style rims, And the TVR's are nice too.

i'm still looking for that Shigeno version

tonioseven
03-19-2005, 12:41 AM
Please watch the F*%$#@'n language. Thanks.:)

Jay!
03-20-2005, 02:44 AM
My biggest surprise so far has been the Toyota RSC Rally Raid Car. It's a concept WRC car, that to my knowledge, has no real basis.
The Toyota RSC was a concept car from '02 or '03. I saw it at the LA Auto Show one of those years. Stands for Rugged Sports Concept or somesuch. In the game, I have both the road and rally raid versions.

lamehonda
03-25-2005, 01:32 PM
I love driving the Evolution mercedes cars.

Nissan-Fan
03-27-2005, 03:12 AM
Wow, how do you guys get all the money for these cars? im skimping it hardcore....all i have is an R33 and some other's i won. Also, has anyone come across any late 80 mustangs in the game? cmon, SHO's but no fox's?

longlivetheZ
03-27-2005, 11:24 PM
It'd be cool to see an SVO. I was stoked to see a Z31T in the game...so I bought the first one I saw and turned it into a 10 sec drag car...:biggrin:

Wild Cobra Z28
04-17-2005, 03:43 PM
i'm still looking for that Shigeno version

The 2000 Toyota Trueno GT-Apex S. Shigeno is available in the used cars during starting week 41. It is available weeks 41, 47, and 51... I have not collected the data past week 54.

Add your comment to this topic!