Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

used chip?

Silverado Brethern
03-02-2005, 09:29 PM
hey i was wondering if there are any problems with using a....used hypertech or superchips programmer? there are ones on ebay for like $150 which is reasonable compared to the $400 bullshit for new ones. any input will be good.

nineball481
03-02-2005, 09:39 PM
I bought mine off ebay. As far as hypertech goes, make sure that it is the right programmer for your truck. Double check the part number with hypertech's web site. Also, the hypertech must be returned to stock configuration before it can be used on another truck. Other than that they can be reused and reused.

Slowprocess
03-02-2005, 09:44 PM
I had no problems selling my old superchips to my buddy after I re-programmed it back to stock. His truck was a 99 model as well. This was the older version of the superchips, so I don't know about the newer ones. I do know the Predator programmer attaches itself to your vin #, so even after it is programmed back to stock, you have to send it in to the company to get the vin taken out inorder for another truck to use it.

jeverett
03-03-2005, 06:51 AM
I sold mine before my Nelson to a guy in Florida...he says it worked just fine. It was used when I bought it too.

Add your comment to this topic!