Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

which coilovers to get????

strodda
03-23-2002, 01:29 AM
i was thinking about getting a set of coilovers, ive been shopping around and ive found a few for what seems to be good prices, but i dont know much other than the "top of the line" and expensive ground control set. heres what ive seen, lemme know if any of them are good deals.

Arospeed($90)
AIR(air dynamic racing) typeS($90)
Focuz RS2 dualcoil($99)
Dropzone($100)
Hp racing($140)
Maxspeed($140)

and i think they all give up to a 4"inch drop, which is more than i need anyways. im just concerned with ride quality

HONDA_99
03-23-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by strodda
im just concerned with ride quality

you can just forget about ride quality with those thing.

there are lot ppl with budget coil-overs who had to go back to stock springs or get lowering sprins or even get real coil-overs, and that just because they could take that crappy ride any more.

strodda
03-23-2002, 05:24 PM
what are some good ones to consider?? other then ground control's and skunks.

i also have a set of speedtech springs, should i just stay with those?? or do they have a shitty ride too and i just dont know it since i have nothing to compare to???

brads94accord
03-23-2002, 08:38 PM
well if your concerned about ride quality then you shouldn't get any of those. i don't suggest getting coilover sleeves at all. just get some decent lowering springs, and you be fine. unless you have one of those lifetime alignment plans i wouldn't do it. your gonna have to get an alignment everytime you raise or lower the car because you change the suspension geometry.

accord7r
03-25-2002, 08:49 PM
Ground Control. .5-3.5" drop.

justanothermike
03-26-2002, 02:50 PM
Ground control with Koni yellows or the progress full body coilovers

JDMAccord
03-28-2002, 01:45 AM
ride quality....go with regular lowering springs not even skunks or ground control have good ride quality... maybe a full coilover system the ride is bareable. i got skunkwork coilovers with kyb adjustable shocks and it just sucks

LTJ
03-30-2002, 01:00 PM
DOn't get any of the ones you listed. You need to buy some good quality coilovers if you want some. Do it right the first time I have Apexi WS Coilovers. Haven't installed them quite yet though, but I haven't heard a bad thing about them. Save your money and buy some good ones.

Dahmin8
03-30-2002, 07:37 PM
I had some Sho Gun coilover sleeves on my LX. Hated It!!
Now I have Nuespeed sports with AGX adjustable struts. I'm not in love with the ride but it's better to go the route of lowering springs and struts, then to go with just coilover sleeves. That's my opinion. If my wallet were fatter though, I would opt for a full coilover system. Tein is the only one that comes to mind. Problem is they are expen$ive. About $1500 for the set.:)

ShockJon
03-30-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by accord7r
Ground Control. .5-3.5" drop.

I have got a buddy with theese and the fully adjustable Koni's.... he can make his car ride like its on rails or he can make it ride like a caddy..... those of you who say your car rode like crap with coilovers... get some Koni's!!! the ride is in the strut!!! If your pimpin go full loose If your racin go full firm.... If your autoxin tinker with till you get it where you want it!!! you can't beat the ground controls and the Koni's!!!! and as far as the camber goes if you have cheap tires and have the car sitting on the ground your tires won't last... But with a little drop it doesn't make enough difference to matter... at least as far as the tires go... But with the - camber + better handeling!!! This is a prime example of my buddies car!! He has about 1.5 to 2 degrees of camber in the front and a little less in the rear.... it handles like you would not believe!! http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Mar/20023302209502813325786.jpg
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Mar/20023304060434073858132.jpg
http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Mar/20023305970377741619053.jpg

HondaAdict
03-30-2002, 10:33 PM
Get the Dropzone!

Add your comment to this topic!