Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Service Engine Soon

rollin17s
03-02-2005, 09:05 AM
Ok, where to start, I have a 1994 Grand Am Se and my service engine soon light came on I had a mechanic check the code for me and he said it was the Throttle Position Sensor, so I replaced it, took the car out for a spin and the light never came on. Then yesterday the light came back on. I was wondering if maybe someone knew of a website where I could download the DTC codes for this cars o I don't have to pay someone $40.00 to do it again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :smile:

Hoags
03-02-2005, 09:50 AM
If you have an Autozone parts store around they will check the codes for free. If not check with some of the other major parts stores in your area they may check the codes for free. Reather than paying a mechanic to do it, I guess they hope that a parts code will come up and you will buy the parts from them thats why they do it for nothing.

rollin17s
03-02-2005, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the quick response I tried at auto zone and they only do that for 95 and newer cars.

Hoags
03-02-2005, 02:08 PM
Sorry to hear that, but it is good to know. Have you done a search on the net for the codes? I haven't yet but I will do it as soon as I'm done with this post. If I come up with anything I'll let you know.

Dan

rollin17s
03-02-2005, 04:00 PM
Hoags, thanks for taking the time, I have looked the only thing I have found so far is for a 1995 Grand Am. I printed them off and i'm going to try i out tonight whenI get off from work.

Add your comment to this topic!