Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Help with GSR

94blakGSR
03-01-2005, 11:58 PM
whats up i hav a 94 gsr basically stock..intake msd kit headers struts...i always planned to supercharge it because i always heard it needs no maintnence and you can throw it on the stock motor..is it really worth it and how much is a good price for installation? and i also thought it would be good to have no boost all motor how much hp can i possibly get n what do i do to the engine..thanks alot

travagliante
03-02-2005, 12:46 AM
Well its definatley not just no maintance. You may mean no tuning. JR has the kit pre-tunned so its more of a bolt on proccess. Thats why they say the average person can install it in 8-10hrs.

Personally i wouldnt pay $2500 for the kit unless i got a deal(haha... i did)

That amount of money can be well spend turboing it and rebuilding you motor.

Installation of that kit at shops in Saint Louis(lightspeed motorsports, adrenaline) would probaly be id say~~300-500 bucks. I dont know how much you know about cars, but i would say that any average person with good mechanical skills can install it as long as they take their time and be patient.

kornflakes28546
03-02-2005, 05:27 PM
really... on honda motors, the only way to make a lot of power for cheap is FI. the JR kit is very easy to install and if you keep the boost relatively low it's pretty easy to maintain. depending on how much power you want, turbo might be better for the money for you. but like travaglainte said, if you're getting a deal, go for it.

Add your comment to this topic!