Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Little vid of my encounter with an lt1 camaro

Slowprocess
03-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Posted this in the street racing section, but thought I would put it here as well, since some don't visit the section. :)

Just thought I would post a little encounter with an intake/exhaust lt1 camaro I had over the past weekend. First part of the vid is at the line, where you can see we both had alittle trouble with traction(even though I was on the drag radials). The second part of the vid is when my buddy in the truck started taping late, but got a shot of the pull I had on the camaro. Not a bad little vid, considering it was kind of last second. Hope you enjoy.

Right click/save as:
http://www.woracing.com/truck/hoste...%20vs%20lt1.mpg

nineball481
03-02-2005, 05:29 AM
bad link, or site is down 6:30am EST

Nigel215
03-02-2005, 06:52 AM
same here.... 7:55 am

Faze3
03-02-2005, 07:15 AM
It's the link. It's getting truncated.

Damned vbulletin enhanced mode tagging won't let me show you how to correct it (all I get when I hover over the link is automotiveforums.com/vbulletin.com/#) and since this system won't accept actual html tagging, I can't show you the right (html) way to insert a link.

Well, I can show you the w3 way. Maybe you can get the link to work?

<a href="http://www.whatever.com">Here!</a>;

The equivalent in vbulletin would keep the link from truncating.

Possibly replacing the <a href=> with [.url.] and </a> with [./url.] (I had to insert the periods to keep vbulletin from recognizing these as valid and hiding them, so omit those..

Dirtsled
03-02-2005, 07:25 AM
http://www.woracing.com/truck/hosted/slowprocess/

find the lt1 vid in the list

Dirtsled
03-02-2005, 07:35 AM
Slowprocess - Do you have a personal site for info on your swap? Waiting for my 4.8l to get tired to do the 6.0 swap in my extra cab Sierra 2wd. 90k towing up mountains and the damn motor is still running like new though, (must be the piston slap), maybe I should just quite taking care of it.

Thanks.

Faze3
03-02-2005, 07:36 AM
Let's see if I can fix the direct link for the lazy -- like me! :D

http://www.woracing.com/truck/hosted/slowprocess/Slowprocess%20vs%20lt1.mpg

Edit :

^
This link works.

Niiiiice. Always funny to see a penismobile get beat.

chuck16
03-02-2005, 10:54 AM
All I want to know is what happen to the guy standing behind your vehicles. The Camera shot seems pretty steady then all of a sudden it's like the guy is having a seizure or something. :eek7:

Here is the URL For of all Slow's Vid's

http://www.woracing.com/truck/hosted/slowprocess/

PS -- Good on yah for smoking the Camaro, god I hate those cars...

Slowprocess
03-02-2005, 11:49 AM
Thanks for fixing the link for me. :biggrin:
About the camara guy.... I think the reason it got kinda shaky was because he didn't know exactly where the zoom was, and he started shaking it as he was adjusting it. I don't know if it had anything to do with it, but it was also pretty cold that day. Either of those two might have been the culprit, or either he's on crack. :evillol:

As it gets warmer, I'll start to get alot more street footage, so stay tuned.

Slowprocess
03-02-2005, 11:53 AM
Slowprocess - Do you have a personal site for info on your swap? Waiting for my 4.8l to get tired to do the 6.0 swap in my extra cab Sierra 2wd. 90k towing up mountains and the damn motor is still running like new though, (must be the piston slap), maybe I should just quite taking care of it.

Thanks.

I don't really have a homepage that describes the buildup, but I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you might have about the buildup(parts,prices,tech info) and I can take any pictures you might want to see of anything. This also goes to anyone else that has any questions or wants to see any pics of anything.

Just post up or p.m me, and I'll be more than happy to help out. :)

chuck16
03-02-2005, 12:03 PM
Ahhh, thanks for the clearup I was just curious. :D

airjam18
03-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Hey Slowprocess:
You know you're setting a bad example for all of us youngsters when it comes to street racing....LOL.........This vid made my day, can't wait to see more.....

nineball481
03-02-2005, 03:15 PM
sweeet

Slowprocess
03-02-2005, 09:49 PM
Hey Slowprocess:
You know you're setting a bad example for all of us youngsters when it comes to street racing....LOL.........This vid made my day, can't wait to see more.....

Yeah, I know....but that race was done on a closed course and we were both pro drivers. :biggrin:

I love racing on the track, but the vids are always better when its a street race instead of a track race. I post alot of track races, and they get kinda repetitious, so I was giving you guys a taste of how we do it here when the track is closed. :naughty:

Everybody be safe out there and have fun!!!!!!

airjam18
03-02-2005, 10:39 PM
If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it does it make a sound?????
Thats the way I feel about the law and police....LOL
We do the same here since the track is a good 45 mins to an hour away.....there's a straightaway down the road that's clear as can be for just under a mile.......whatever works.....but like always, I DIDN'T DO IT!!!!!

Also, glad to see your 1/4 mile time.....seems to be dropping like my gas needle....lol

jeverett
03-03-2005, 06:58 AM
Sorry to hijack the thread, but my question kinda pertains to this. I'm taking my truck to Reynolds this weekend and run the 1/4 just to see what my time is. I've never ran on a track before, so what's the best way to launch and shift (me vs. truck/ tow-haul or not?) and all that kinda stuff....I just don't wanna go out and make a fool outta myself.

Add your comment to this topic!