Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

subwoofer not playing

lgardner55
03-01-2005, 09:15 PM
i've got a 01 navigator and i got in my truck the other day and i realized my woofer was not playing. if the woofer is blown should'nt it still play and just make a racket sound. how can i tell if the factory amplifier is still working? help!!!!!!

ponchonutty
03-05-2005, 09:41 PM
i've got a 01 navigator and i got in my truck the other day and i realized my woofer was not playing. if the woofer is blown should'nt it still play and just make a racket sound. how can i tell if the factory amplifier is still working? help!!!!!!
Yes you car kinda right. More than likely either the amp puked or a fuse blew. But, I've seen speakers just up and quit with no other noise.

Timtickle
03-14-2005, 04:34 AM
Ive Got A 99 With The Same Problem. Please Post Your Results.

xtrememeasures10
04-15-2005, 07:29 AM
Ive got a 98. Last year the sub blew and i ended up buying an 8in sub for real cheap online and installing it. Its a big pain, The subwoofer is attached to the box on the back fo the enclosure as well as the front and the amp is mounted to the left of the subwoofer underneigh all the pannels. What i would do if it was mine would be check my fuses. I dont recall seeing an inline one buy i may be wrong. My best guess is your amp shot crapps. The amps from the dealer are very expensive. I would suggest pulling that whole pannel off and seeing how much room you have for and aftermarket amp. All you will need is a 200 watt amp at the max. If you live in the kc area i can replace it for you in about 2 hours. I wouldnt charge but 80 bucks. which is nothing compaired to what the dealer wanted. they told me they usually charge around 600 for replacement of the sub and amp. Or you can try it on your own and i can give you some tips if your at a loss. well good luck

navigatorguy
06-26-2006, 11:09 AM

I have mine for sale it works and i have factory amp if you need it let me know. my email is chalfontboy1@yahoo.com

Add your comment to this topic!