Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

New Computer - Warranty Advice

schmacko
03-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Help!! - My '05 Sierra Denali is out of commission after only 10 days and 500 miles.

The check engine light appeared and was immediately followed by sluggishness in the transmission. It felt like the low gears were gone and the truck was trying to get rolling straight from OD. The dealers inital diagnosis was a bad solenoid or a short in the transmission. They have since said that was incorrect and now they are looking for a whole new computer. Unfortunately, they told me that particular part is restricted, and they have to initiate a 'spat' request to try to get one. Three days later, they still cannot provide me with an idea of when I'll get my vehicle back.

Has anyone experienced a similar situation? Assuming they successfully diagnose and repair the computer, am I doomed to a lifetime of problems as a result of this initial mishap? Any suggestions on how to encourage GM to make additional accomodations (beyond repair and a rental car) since my $40K investment has been taken out of commission?

Thanks

97sierraz71
03-02-2005, 12:10 PM
No way would I risk that.......probably would require a lawyer, but I wouldn't accept the truck back at all..........I wouldnt settle for anything less than a new truck or a full refund!!!!!!!!!!!!!

70camaro
03-02-2005, 08:16 PM
I agree. I belive most states have a 30 day "lemon law" time frame in witch you can return a vehical. Check it out.

WEF
03-02-2005, 08:17 PM
Poop happens and it looks like you got a big dose of it. This early in the game there isn't a whole lot you can do if they are making an effort. Unless you drove it a while during the failure, I doubt if there is permanent damage. I'd just try to be cool about it unless you feel they are incompetent then follow the path for complaints in your owners manual.

Lemon laws in most states say 30 days in the shop in a year.

Add your comment to this topic!