Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

cheap and easy lowering kit

lowriderfan187
03-01-2005, 08:18 AM
Me and a buddy are working on a s10 project, and we're looking for a cheap and easy way to lower it. advice please!!!!

dugie6551
03-01-2005, 01:52 PM
WTF !!!!

You just asked the question a few days ago !!!!! (Lowering Kit - 02-24-2005, 09:51 PM)

Were the responses in there not good enough for you? Why not open a catalogue and quit asking the same questions over again. Or you can try this new thing that just came out .... GOOGLE SEARCH !!!!! I hear it's quite popular !!!!!!!!! :flipa:

TexasF355F1
03-01-2005, 01:55 PM
These are the best kits out:

DJM Suspension (http://www.djmsuspension.com/Products/ProductsByMake/Chevy/S10-Parts.htm)
McGaughy's (http://www.mcgaughys.com/7387.html)
Belltech (http://www.belltechcorp.com)

dmbrisket 51
03-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Texas dont forget all forms of air ride suspention, its not cheep, but hot damn is it awsome

TexasF355F1
03-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Texas dont forget all forms of air ride suspention, its not cheep, but hot damn is it awsome
Honestly, I don't recommend bags to any beginners of the sport. Get an understanding of it. It can be problematic at times. I just recommended him the best quality drop. Gonna cost a few hundred but in the long run well worth it. I also don't condone anyone to do things b/c they think its cool, do it b/c thats what you like.

dmbrisket 51
03-01-2005, 05:49 PM
i like the bags, they happen to be an in thing, where i live they like to make enterences a bitch for lower vehicals to get into, so when i lower my truck, the front end has to be ars so i can lift it up to not bottum out on my way in, and i have to agree, bags to a beginner, especally a beginner to suspension and even break lines, is a huge no no

lowriderfan187
03-01-2005, 07:17 PM
hey dont wtf me u fag my friend put this is on here so u just the F up

dugie6551
03-02-2005, 08:04 AM
hey dont wtf me u fag my friend put this is on here so u just the F up

It's hard to see who is doing the actual typing of the question through the computer ... but when your forum name is on both threads, it's safe to assume that it is coming from the same person. Maybe next time you should do a search of this forum before asking your question.

Besides I'm not about to get into a pissing match with some NEWBIE !! :flipa:

Oh yeah ... watch the language or the mods will ban you !!!!

Dog_soldier13
03-02-2005, 03:46 PM
i dont even like bags that is why i am puting block springs and shocks on my s-10, maybe later i will get the lowering spindles

lowriderfan187
03-02-2005, 07:27 PM
dugie6551-im not gonna get in to a freakin pisssing match with someone who thinks he knows everything-so F u

J-Ri
03-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Wow, the lowrider crowd sure is hostile.

dmbrisket 51
03-02-2005, 10:01 PM
ok lowrider, dont be a bitch, YOU posted the SAME EXACT QUESTION TWICE, not us, its like the answers will be different this time around, sorry to tell you but its like watching a movie, no matter how many times you rewind it, Napoleon Dynamite has no plot but for some reason you rewound it and are watching it in all its glory again, i dont care if it was you or your friend who posted it which time, online you are your handle, and you *your handle* posted the same thing within a week of itselfe, if our knowlage isnt good enough for you, or you think were all smartasses or know it alls, then do us the favor and get out

kenyonja2007
03-02-2005, 10:21 PM
All I have to say is.....
Guys who drive lowriders can't get it up.
I couldn't resist, sorry. :icon16:

dmbrisket 51
03-02-2005, 10:23 PM
All I have to say is.....
Guys who drive lowriders can't get it up.
I couldn't resist, sorry. :icon16:
there was this one vid, boys in the hood were gettin their trucks off the ground a couple feet or more with hydrolics, they can get it up, but thats not the real problem here, the problem is, it doesn't stay up verry long at all

kenyonja2007
03-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Haha, so many jokes imbedded......

GeneP
03-03-2005, 07:36 AM
A couple items of caution that you might wanna be aware of as I found on my son's s-10 when he purchased his already lowered s-10, that the"Universal" lowering block kits provide the wrong size "U-Bolts" for the rear axle. The s-10 rear axle is 2 3/4" in diameter while the universal u-bolts measure 3" as shown on this website: http://jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_S10-Heavy-U-Bolts.html

My son's s-10 had the 3" ones. They would not stay tight and allowed the rear to shift. You also need to consider the axle alignment & provide proper phazing of the driveshaft to prevent damage to components & vibration: https://shell7.tdl.com/~jags/Pages/Parts_S10-PinionAlignShims.html

I got the kit from the site I listed. The kits are inexpensive, easy to install, and they work as advertised.

Gene

smokey041369
03-03-2005, 07:42 AM
i'm not the low rider builder type, but i like the look. if people don't like the answers they get on here.......well then you need to look for a shop locally to find the answer you want are use the many search engine on the net and stop all the bs arguing, it just makes anyone involved with it look like a bunch of old hens argueing over a stupid game of bridge

dugie6551
03-03-2005, 09:25 AM
dugie6551-im not gonna get in to a freakin pisssing match with someone who thinks he knows everything-so F u

I have never claimed to "know everything". But, I do add my 2 cents worth into areas when I do know what I'm talking about. And it was a little noticable that the threads under your "forum name" were so close together within one week. Just stating the obvious !!!!!

... it just makes anyone involved with it look like a bunch of old hens argueing over a stupid game of bridge

You're right ... I'm done with him. :wave: I'm a lot more mature than that !!

lowriderfan187
03-03-2005, 10:40 PM
dmbrisket 51-ur the one thats bein a bitch--so just drop this stupid crap and forget about it

dmbrisket 51
03-03-2005, 11:07 PM
alright, i agree with dugie now :wave:

Add your comment to this topic!