Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

1990 camry alternator fuse

mrchris
03-01-2005, 08:09 AM
Can someone tell me how I can remove the male prongs from the fuse box. I was trying to remove the alternator fuse and when I pulled on the plastic part of the fuse it broke leaving the prongs stuck. They could be melted with the plastic, I'm not sure. I was going to remove the whole fuse box but I'm not sure about how to remove the wires from it either. Please help.

http://img224.exs.cx/img224/4103/dsc018364sg.th.jpg (http://img224.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img224&image=dsc018364sg.jpg)

Mike Gerber
03-01-2005, 02:16 PM
Disconnect the negative battery cable. Now use a needle nose pliers and a pick to remove the prongs. Good luck.

Mike

teddder
03-02-2005, 07:08 PM
Disconnect the negative battery cable. Now use a needle nose pliers and a pick to remove the prongs. Good luck.

Mike

WRONG!!!

I just went through this and ruined the fuse holder. I got one off my parts car and upon inspection, realized the sides flip open with ease and expose 10mm nuts which release the fuse. It's not obvious, but I won't forget it and neither will you when you see what I mean. Hope this helps.

Teddder

mrchris
03-03-2005, 07:08 AM
oh man, thanks alot. I would have never noticed that. Luckily, I don't think I ruined my fuse holder but I came very close to. My next step was to goto the junkyard and get a replacement holder. I was starting to think the prongs were melted into the plastic fuse holder. Again, thank you

Mike Gerber
03-03-2005, 01:07 PM
WRONG!!!

I just went through this and ruined the fuse holder. I got one off my parts car and upon inspection, realized the sides flip open with ease and expose 10mm nuts which release the fuse. It's not obvious, but I won't forget it and neither will you when you see what I mean. Hope this helps.

Teddder

Teddder,

I will bow to the voice of experience with this particular fuse. Thanks for the correction here.

Mike

Add your comment to this topic!