Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Electrical Problem! Any Suggestions?

marco2379
02-28-2005, 04:29 PM
I have an 1989 9000 CD Turbo and its just started having a wierd electrical problem out of the blue. See when I attempt to turn the car off, the in dash heater system continues to run as well as the seat belt lights staying on. The car only will cut off completely if I toggle the turn signal switch (either direction). When I toggle the switch I can hear a click under the hood, but I haven't had a second person around to turn off the car while I listen for the sound to pinpoint it. What could it be? Its really disturbing me. Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

psychorallyfreak
02-28-2005, 09:11 PM
Bad ignition switch?

marco2379
03-03-2005, 07:26 PM
Ignition switch is fine, but I did notice that when I shut the car off after it has warmed to normal operating temperature it shuts down properly. If I shut it down after only running it for a short time and while its still cold then I have the malfunction with the heater system and the radiator cooling fan. The problem is intermittent and might be related to something under the hood that I can't figure out since thats where the sound comes from.

marco2379
03-05-2005, 06:11 PM
Aaahh!! I found the problem, the Ignition Lock relay went bad. I ended up finding it by pulling out the glove box and dropping down the fuse panel and its attached to the topside of the fuse panel with alot of other important relays as well. Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Add your comment to this topic!