How odd...

longlivetheZ
02-28-2005, 12:20 AM
I find this strange...

...get a skyline in the last game and do all the engine mods and the biggest turbo and I/C upgrade and you're over 1000HP and the car will peel your skin off...

...get a skyline in this game and do the SAME EXACT SHIT and you're at...like...550 running high 12 sec 1/4 mile times...

...is it me or is it WAY harder to make REALLY fast cars in this game than the last one?

I was STOKED to see the Buick GNX in the game (among MANY other GREAT additions...). I had just won a couple series in the japan and professional leagues and had a bunch of money to burn so I bought the GNX with the intentions of crankin it up and using it in the RWD and American races...I was VERY disappointed in the performance I got out of this car...even in it's most modded state.

The only car that really impressed me was some little cheap ass MR-2 Turbo I bought...that's a fun little car.

What's up with the little tuner's area? Seems to me that they just sell the same shit as the dealer people...am I missing something?

BP2K2Max
02-28-2005, 12:28 AM
i have a 95 R33 GTR v spec that i bought used. fully modded it only makes ~750 hp but it runs 10 flat with no nitrous and 9.2 with it.

chevytrucks92
02-28-2005, 01:51 AM
Well, I have a 2004 GTO with 775 hp plus a 50 shot of N02, and the best 1/4 mile I can get out of it is 10.071(11.145 w/o the juice). That's with the TCS turned all the way up to 10 (w/o it, 10.596 is my best) and super soft rubber slicks.

I've fooled with the downforce, with the weight distribution, gearing, tried shifting it several different ways (does the best shifting it as soon as it redlines) and 10.071 is the best it will do. I just think it should be into the 9s becuase it crosses the finish line at like 150 mph.

So I don't know if that's good for a GTO on this game, or if there is something I'm missing, but 10.071 is my best, and I can get 10.10s pretty consistantly.

rydinturbo
02-28-2005, 02:58 PM
i got my rs4 avant running tens with nitrous and without nitrous its weird for that car nitros only makes like .100secs difference

2of9
02-28-2005, 07:56 PM
i gotta 870 Hp Sky GTR34 Nur Spec II, hittin low nines, but GT3 wasnt as accurate as GT4

longlivetheZ
02-28-2005, 08:11 PM
Favorite project car...my R32. Bought it used as well. I'm still tweaking it. :biggrin: It's in the mid 10s right now on the juice and I only have the second turbo kit...:biggrin:...still puts out less than 500HP. That thing's one of my favorite cars. It swallows up everything else I've raced so far...it's great. I'll have it into the 9s...or hopefully even the 8s...by the time I'm done with it. Still have TONS of stuff I can do to it...bigger turbos...stage 3 weight reduction...etc...I'm even running stock tires still! I'll keep you posted on it.

The best time I've ever run was with my LM 350 Z that I won...10s out of the box, but it's an all out race car.

Put a blower on an SS Chevelle I won for winning some race and it only runs in the low 12s...kinda surprising since it's...like...700hp or something.

rydinturbo
02-28-2005, 09:00 PM
i got my rs4 in the 9s jus turned up the nos. i have ben driftting it too

chevytrucks92
02-28-2005, 09:29 PM
I haven't seriously tried the 1/4 with anything else. I did take the 454 SS Chevelle when I first won it and it run like 13.50s, which is a little fast for what those cars run stock (like 13.80s or 13.90s) I thought, however, when I first bought the GTO, I run it stock and only got 13.994 (however, that was before I found the car's sweet spot for shifting, I think stock now I could get it into the 13.70s atleast), which is a little slow compared to the real deal (like 13.50s-13-60s).

Now since I posted last night, I have got the GTO to 10.068, but there is really no difference in 10.068 to 10.071, lol. I would think it should atleast go 9.90s, and its just not going to happen. I have to launch perfect and shift perfect to get in the 10.0hs. The only other way that I can see to improve it is with some kind of suspension tunring, and I (very slightlY) tweaked with the rear shocks and asborbers and the ride hieght and still nothing, lol.

longlivetheZ
03-01-2005, 12:36 PM
I made it into the 9s today with my GTR. Only mod I did since my last post was bought some soft racing tires and a center diff controller...LOL...ran a 9.8xx while only using the nitrous for half the run. AND I HAVEN'T EVEN GOTTEN THE BIG TURBO YET! That's on the way. That'll put me WELL into the 8s.

Dreamspawn
03-01-2005, 12:41 PM
The tuner sells differnt turbos/shocks then the manfactures. They are call ORG also turner exhaustest will sound differnet then manfacture. Like for the FF challenge i bought a Integra type R with normal exhaust raced a race then went to spoon and was like hey i'll put one ther exhaust on to see what sounds like. It sounded mean as hell. Also put a Mines exhaust on my Evo 8 MR it sounded differnet as well.

longlivetheZ
03-02-2005, 10:39 AM
Love the sig, dude. You can describe my music like my cars...loud, fast metal.

I got the big turbo kit yesterday for my R32 N1. It's now WELL over 700 horse without the nitrous. It's so amazingly fast now. Took it to the strip with the new turbo and blasted off a 9.200. Thought I'd be in the 8s and I'm so friggin close. I should be there after the stage 3 weight reduction and maybe a bit more tweaking. 8s is my goal. I'm probably faster than 98% of cars on the game already, but I must make it faster...I EASILY swallow up even the fastest cars I've raced so far. When I get into the 8s, I'll post a pic.

Dreamspawn
03-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks u should check them out awesome band. I recommend these songs :
The princple of evil made flesh
Cruelity brought by 3 orchids
Her ghost in the fog
Promise of Fever
*Ne thing Live thats is when they are at there best*
So many more those are just a few i could name like 20 lol. But now back to the topic on hand.
Going into the 8s Damn the quickest i've ran was a high 9 and that was with the Bentley speed 8 * i got curious* i mostley just race.

longlivetheZ
03-02-2005, 03:07 PM
I'll definately check those songs out. If you like really heavy shit, check out Killswitch Engage "Alive or just Breathing"...that whole CD is killer. Just go buy it. I got my acceptance letter to Berklee College of Music a couple weeks ago for a week long guitar seminar in august. I'm into basically anything with A) some feeling, B) some creativity, C) some talent or any combination of the above. That's why most of this popular bullshit just pisses me off. Killswitch...shadow's fall...chimaira...some pretty good guitar stuff...check them out, man.

Anyway...enough rambling...

I got into the 8s today...ran an 8.9-something in my R32 N1. Forgot exactly what it was. I'll post a pic if I can get my phone to send the pic like it should.

Anyone have a faster car?

I'm about done with the Japanese and Professional races so I decided it was time to take my winnings thus far (over 500,000 Cr) and search for a car to kill the competition with in the American league. Thought about the Saleen S7 but it was too expensive...thought about the Mustang Cobra R but I hate mustangs...thought about the Corvette Z06...
...then I found the Ford GT...such a beautiful car...not too expensive...I know it's fast...decided against the Z06 that I was going to buy and bought the GT, did a couple mods and hit the track...

...what a worthless, understeering, uncontrollable peesashit. I'm so pissed I spent all that money on the car and a couple mods. If NOTHING else at all, it's fast. It's up to 770 hp (and still not faster than the 740-something hp R32 N1) now and I put nitrous on it...it just DOESN'T FUCKING TURN and the brakes BLOW NUT! I think bicycle brakes would work better...AND I put the racing brakes on it. I think some super-soft tires would make the car decent, but those are worthless on anything longer than a 2 lap race.

Moral of this story: If the GT drove as nice as it looked, it'd be tough to beat...BUY THE Z06! More modding options (there are no turbo options available for the GT) and I'm SURE the Z06 is more driveable.

Dreamspawn
03-02-2005, 04:28 PM
yah the GT and S7 have had ALOT of complaints bout not turning. I'm guessing that the R32 is so quick b/c of its lightness i'm thinking bout grabbing one later and giving it a shot.

longlivetheZ
03-02-2005, 08:49 PM
That R32 is fast as FUCK. It's a combination of a few things...it's not too heavy, it's AWD (I put the variable center diff at 50/50 for 1/4 mile runs), it's quite powerful and I tweaked the fully customizable transmission. Got the gearing right, got the traction control right, set the center diff up, got the power up there...I knew the 8s would be mine...:biggrin:

AvAlAnChE1090
03-02-2005, 08:59 PM
My skyline is the M-Spec Nur, fully modded with i think around 850 hp, ill get 1/4 soon

longlivetheZ
03-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Tis good shit. One of the best things about mine is I bought it for...like...15 grand or some shit...maybe even less...I don't remember. If I sold it right now, I'd only get a little over 4700 Cr for it...lol. I was going to pick up a R33 or R34 but I decided against it due to the cost of them. Not REAL expensive but not cheap either. Plus, I like the R32 better then the R34 anyway. Lighter...bit more "down to business"...cheaper...

Dreamspawn
03-03-2005, 12:28 AM
Yah the R32 was the lightest of them all. In real life if u add a oil cooler it is up there with the R33/R34. I once saw a R32 with 600bhp in real life he had it tweaked were he could punch it at 120mph and the thing would still roast the tires and walk side wise till 5th gear.Going to pick me up a R32 tonite on the game.

topdown50
03-03-2005, 08:25 AM
Wel, I can't comment on the GT or the Z06 in GT4, but I did pick up a Mustang SVT Cobra R '00 yesterday used with 7.8 miles on it. I've been pleasantly surprised by it's performance. I did have to put some R2 or R3 compund tires on when I increased the HP. I bought the supercharger because it was cheap, but I almost wish I would have just upgraded it NA. If the Z06 is anything like it was in GT3, I won't like it. I quickly fell out of love with that car once I experienced the handling of other cars. Maybe I just like what the AWD Skylines have to offer.

Moral of this story: If the GT drove as nice as it looked, it'd be tough to beat...BUY THE Z06! More modding options (there are no turbo options available for the GT) and I'm SURE the Z06 is more driveable.

BP2K2Max
03-03-2005, 11:42 AM
^that's what pisses me off about this game. the mustang Cobra R is already factory supercharged so you wouldn't really be able to to an NA upgrade in real life. it's the same way with the SVT lightning. they really flubbed on a lot of the american cars. like the camaro only makes like 260 ft/lbs of tq. WTF?

Dreamspawn
03-03-2005, 01:23 PM
^that's what pisses me off about this game. the mustang Cobra R is already factory supercharged so you wouldn't really be able to to an NA upgrade in real life. it's the same way with the SVT lightning. they really flubbed on a lot of the american cars. like the camaro only makes like 260 ft/lbs of tq. WTF?

LOL my camaro makes 300lbs of tq and its a 305. So somthing is defintly wrong there. I was very pleased with the cobra R when i bought it also. The only other american car i have it the Shelby 427 cobra and it takes alittle getting used to but once u do its good.

RUDebtFree
03-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Actually the 2000 Cobra R isn't factory supercharged. The '03 & '04 regular Cobra is factory supercharged. The 2000 'R' model had a 5.4L that was tuned. So Turismo is correct on the '00 R model.

Me personally would've like to also see the Fox bodied & SN95 Mustangs!

Dreamspawn
03-03-2005, 05:23 PM
Has nebody else got the Mercedes McLaren car? Whenver u go into heavy breaking there is like a back wing that flaps up. That shocked me that it was actually in the game. Ne how i picked up my N1 R32 today getting ready to take it to the track keep u updated.

BP2K2Max
03-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Actually the 2000 Cobra R isn't factory supercharged. The '03 & '04 regular Cobra is factory supercharged. The 2000 'R' model had a 5.4L that was tuned. So Turismo is correct on the '00 R model.

Me personally would've like to also see the Fox bodied & SN95 Mustangs!
oh, well i know the lightning is s/c and they're both 5.4's so i just assumed that the cobra R was the same motor.

I would have also liked to see the fox body 'stangs and Shelby should have had the GT500 mustang, as well as the GT350 .

Dreamspawn
03-03-2005, 06:58 PM
i'd say the reason they put the 350 in there was b/c it was the actual race cars that were used by shelby. Althought the 97 GT500 would be nice along with the fox bodys. I also was disapionted not to see the Chrystler ME 4-12 concept, and the C6 vette. Although the PAL version willhave it and some more.

rydinturbo
03-03-2005, 07:03 PM
did ne 1 esle notice that how in gt3 if u get a oilchange and get a turbo charger it gives u 30 extra hp and it works in gt4 too

Dreamspawn
03-03-2005, 07:14 PM
hadn't noticed that btw i took my N1 R32 to the strip best i could muster up was a 9.747 so WTF is your trick longlivetheZ lol. right now i'm living mine on b spec mode and doing endurances races cause i really don't feel like racing for 5 hrs straight.

longlivetheZ
03-03-2005, 08:21 PM
:biggrin: I have it tweaked just right. Man...I've see stock block RB26DETT's with 700...800...900...1000 hp...that's the engine that's in all GTRs...R32, R33 and R34. I don't know what you were talking about with the oil cooler...it's the same car for the most part...they all just look a little different. It just seems to me that they keep bulking up. That's why I like the R32 and R33 the best...they're more to the point. I'd give my right nut for an R32 or R33 in a heart beat. Good luck with your N1, man. Get the "stock" turbo kit or whatever it's called from HKS for your turbo upgrade...either that or the second upgrade. They're both awesome...the "stock" one is just very expensive...72,000.

Cars I'd like to see/expected to see:
Chrysler ME 4-12
Z31 300ZX
Z32 300ZX is kinda hard to come across.
Old ass mustangs (I did see one but it was expensive)
Fox body mustangs
The first car I bought when I started playing was actually EXACTLY IDENTICAL to the beater Celica I used to have that's pictured below...same color...same year...same rims...same trim...same everything...I bought it just cuz of that...

Saleen85
03-03-2005, 08:35 PM
Hmm ... I have a 495hp '01 Prodrive Style WRX STi that has run an 8.233 in the 1/4. I have a coupla friends that have run low 7.9x's, also, in the STi Spec-C.

What you should realize is, that this game thinks the taller the gear, the better the 1/4. AFter that, play with the suspension, the VCD (if so equipped), TCS, and LSD's.

So far, on my gearing, I set everything to the far left (2.50 for final drive, and the tallest possibly gears in the transmission) This game doesn't do accurate 1/4 mile times.

You will want to run with super-soft racing tires, and launch on the bottle. You will also want to shift JUST before the rev-limiter (NOT the redline)

Saleen85
03-03-2005, 08:39 PM
The IROC Concept Camaro has a 350 in it, not a 305. Stock 305's weren't known for their power, with the dinky cam they came stock with (even TPI cars). I got the best performance in my 82 Pace Car by swapping in a roller-305 from an 88 IROC, and putting a stock LT1 cam in it. It dropped from a high-14 second 1/4 mile to a low-13 second 1/4.

Oh, and fully modded, the Camaro Concept makes 550hp and 712lbft of torque.

Saleen85
03-03-2005, 08:41 PM
On the way to a low-8 second 1/4 mile :)

http://home.hot.rr.com/gospeedgo/GranTurismo4/WRX-001.jpg

Drifting the Cobra R

http://home.hot.rr.com/gospeedgo/GranTurismo4/CobraR-001.jpg

Dreamspawn
03-03-2005, 09:00 PM
The IROC Concept Camaro has a 350 in it, not a 305. Stock 305's weren't known for their power, with the dinky cam they came stock with (even TPI cars). I got the best performance in my 82 Pace Car by swapping in a roller-305 from an 88 IROC, and putting a stock LT1 cam in it. It dropped from a high-14 second 1/4 mile to a low-13 second 1/4.

Oh, and fully modded, the Camaro Concept makes 550hp and 712lbft of torque.

Who said the IROC concept camaro had a 305? If you were refering to my remark i was talking bout my camaro in real life. Ne how the oil cooler remark is bout Skyline GTR's in real life. The R32 wasn't equipped with a oil cooler. Where as the R33 had 2 i think, the R34 had 3 oil coolers or atleast the Mspec did with also a higher speed governer. Ne how back to the game i want the freakin F1 car.

longlivetheZ
03-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Hmm ... I have a 495hp '01 Prodrive Style WRX STi that has run an 8.233 in the 1/4. I have a coupla friends that have run low 7.9x's, also, in the STi Spec-C.

Hmmm...got my hand on my bs flag...taller gearing isn't necessarily better unless you make immense power to turn that super long gear. You'll run a faster time with shorter gears and very fast shifts than with really long gears (unless you make rediculous power) because the short gears and fast shifts will get you up to speed faster. Think about when you were a kid riding a mountain bike...you wanna get going as fast as you can...do you start in the lower gears and work your way up as fast as you can or do you start on the hardest gear and just pedal really hard?

Damn it...you kinda took the wind out of my sails...my next project car was going to be either a EVO or a WRX. I'd like to see some screen shots of these cars you mention...

The game is actually relatively accurate when it comes to cars in stock trim...especially considering it's just a video game...

longlivetheZ
03-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Ne how the oil cooler remark is bout Skyline GTR's in real life. The R32 wasn't equipped with a oil cooler. Where as the R33 had 2 i think, the R34 had 3 oil coolers or atleast the Mspec did with also a higher speed governer. Ne how back to the game i want the freakin F1 car.

Oh...got ya. I want that Nissan (long live the Nissans!) race car from the IA graduation test! That bitch was sick!

Dreamspawn
03-03-2005, 10:08 PM
I need a pin drive so i can take some pics :( ne way i'm using b spec mode still so i can watch F1 practice which is on SPEED.

longlivetheZ
03-03-2005, 10:24 PM
I meant some screen shots of your et's at the drag strip...those are just pics of the cars...and the pic of the wrx "on the way to a low 8 run" wasn't even at the drag strip...the drag strip is at night...

I took some pics of my et with my phone but I can't get my phone to send them to my e-mail...it shows the et and what kind of car did it...that's what I wanted to see.

And those pics look like they're off a website or something...there's a copyright at the bottom of them...

Also meant to tell you guys about a car that really surprised me...the Infinity G35 Coupe. I just bought one and modded it cuz I LOVE those cars...didn't really think it'd be anything all that fast...especially since you can't even turbo or supercharge it...THAT DAMN THING RAN IN THE MID 10S! I was very surprised to see it that fast.

Add your comment to this topic!