Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Heater/fan control

6.5turbo
02-27-2005, 06:52 PM
I have a 1997 gm truck w/ac and i am have just rplaced my fan control switch in the dash now about 2 weeks later i only have high working, i checked the switch and there is power going out on all wires in app. positions but nothing to the fan just high, anybody with any sugg. would be greatly app. also the seat slides are loose just wondering if they are seviceable or just need to replaced, and if there is anyone who knows of any recalls for the 97 model year, would be appreciated tks for now....

eleveniron
02-28-2005, 08:41 AM
I think the 97s still have the blower motor resistor. That is typical symptom of the blower motor resistor. It controls blower speeds of anything less than high. If the resistor assembly goes, all you'll have is high. It is in the duct right next to the blower.

Steve

6.5turbo
03-07-2005, 08:55 PM
Thanks...that was excactly what it was a little tricky to get at but nice tip..thankss again...

blabhern
03-12-2005, 06:21 AM
6.5 can u share a little more info on the blower motor resistor? Since this post, I've been searching it and can't seem to come up with more info on it. Example is part number, where u found the part, where it is located (physically in the cab) and what you had to go through to replace it. I really appreciate it and hopefully so will others when this problem is encountered.

Add your comment to this topic!