Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2002 Chevy Impala Misfire??

XGamesJ6
02-27-2005, 03:46 PM
I have a 2002 Chevy Impala and it seems to have a misfire, i took it to autozone for a free diagnostics, and they said i had a misfire on cylinder 5, i changed all spark plugs and wires, no help, the check engine comes on and stays on at idle, but when i get goin it starts blinking, i have no other ideas what the problem may be, its a 6 cylinder 3400 injected engine, any ideas on how i can fix the problem, or what it might be, i added some fuel injector cleaner, no effect yet, any help would be great, thanx.

dolluper
02-28-2005, 08:47 AM
check injector wire at #5 see if it's loose You will need a noed to check it is working right ,also put a little oil around injector where it enters intake miss disappears o-ring seals leaking [sucking air] miss

victimizati0n
02-28-2005, 02:54 PM
As far as im aware, when you have a blinking check engine light, it is telling you that there is something causing engine damage (a misfire can probably give that, since it can damage your engine pretty badly)

crazy4nitro
02-23-2006, 01:15 PM
Ok,
I JUST went through this whole Bus ride.:banghead:

Your #5 injector is bad,with out question. I did all the stuff you did with no help at all.

I changed my injector,All is fine..

Blinking eng. light means Possible damage can occur.

Next,The Parts...
The injector was $107 fom the Dealer..*I get a discount remember* Like $170 for a normal walkin customer.
the gaskets were like $18

As I was installing the fuel rail with new injector,my wife comes out and says "I found them on Ebay for $35 plus $3 shipping"....:banghead: Ok I put it back together knowing where I will buy them in the future.

The Injector from the Stealer' looked different on the tip,it was like shrouded on the tip with a cone shape end.
The ones on Ebay are the old style...but I could care less...:grinyes: they lasted this long..

Worked great runs like it used to...

BUT.............I have a fuel leak the day after. I havent looked too close but I assume that it is something to do with the O-rings..:banghead: :banghead:
If anyone has had this happen to them let me know where/what the leak was please..I will be doing this Sat. or so..

Thanks,I hope this helps..

Crazy

crazy4nitro
02-23-2006, 01:17 PM
OPPs,I didnt notice this was an old thread...

Pat_OD
02-23-2006, 04:57 PM
son of a bitch man.........mine started missing on cylinder no. 5 about a week ago

fatboy2010
08-07-2010, 09:15 AM
The fuel leak is most likely your fuel pressure regulator. i removed mine from fuel rail then put back together and no more fuel leak. it was the O-ring

maxwedge
08-07-2010, 03:47 PM
Good info , but look at the dates, this is 4 years old and dead.

Add your comment to this topic!