Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Removing front rotors on 92 accord ex

Badass92AccordEx
03-22-2002, 02:06 AM
I got some powerslot rotors and was wondering how difficult they are to install. Please respond asap! Thanks!

ShockJon
03-22-2002, 07:51 PM
:D About 2 to 3 hrs and several bloody knuckels!!!! :D

Its not too bad if you have the right tools and a good place to do it in... A lift is the way too go if you have access to one.... get the tear down book so you can see what tools you will need.... i done mine myself it wasn't too terrible.... Be patient!!! :D hehehe

hondaman-iac
03-23-2002, 11:35 AM
it is fairly easy. you need to remove the steering knuckle from the ball joint's, and unscrew the drive shaft. other than that nothing really hard, except i couldn't take out the wheel hub. Make sure you have an impact wrench handy. you need at least something that's 250 ft-lbs of torque.

SockJon how did your hubs came out ? Did u need a press to take them out of the steering knuckle ?

ShockJon
03-24-2002, 01:35 AM
I had a small pulley puller.... for the steering knuckle..... That was the hard part... I have heard of people taking a pry bar and popping it off that way but I think you could break something that way!!! its not too bad like I said all you need are the right tools and patience!!! :D

Add your comment to this topic!