Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

What kinda System Setup?

Carfreak18
02-27-2005, 12:38 PM
Hey...Im 15 and I'll be driving very soon....for now I dont plan on having a very expensive car but i want a little setup in the trunk....I just wanna kow what kinda subs and amp to get...Like a 15(1) or a couple of 12's...And say if I get a couple 12's and an amp and all the wiring...how much could this cost me, And I dont gotta worry about installation price..I have someone that could install and build me a box..Thanks

dice daniels
02-27-2005, 01:12 PM
If you're wanting to go with something affordable that sounds good you can always go with American pro's stacked magnet series subs or something from volfenhag as far as subs go. as far as your amps and head unit go I'd get something fairley decent. Even Pioneer is kinda wourth it. But I would replace your factory speakers to insure it sounding good all the way around. and give them a little boost with a small 200w amp or so to even out your sound. as for a price you can build a decent system for about 500-700 smackers. for subs,amp and a deck maybe $400 and thats pushing it you'll probably pay more.

sr20de4evr
02-27-2005, 03:22 PM
If you're wanting to go with something affordable that sounds good you can always go with American pro's stacked magnet series subs or something from volfenhag as far as subs go.

dear god no, please please no
even if you don't have much money, please don't waste what little you do have on that crap.

I'd say for a full system (headunit, components, sub, and an amp for each), you're looking to spend around $1000 at the bare minimum if you don't go with pure crap. If you want something good then closer to $1500. If you just want a headunit, sub, and amp then maybe like $500 at the very lowest, and $7-800 for something reasonable.

dice daniels
02-27-2005, 07:01 PM
It was an idea. I own a couple am pros an they have lasted 3 years so far without any problems. They handle alot of tourture. and they have gotten me pulled over too many times to count. never have done a spl or db test but I get alot of props. I'm not running a pioneer amp though. It's 2 jl 500/1 I picked up from some guy on the street for 100$. You can tell they were stolen because he left the cut rockford rcas and speaker wires hanging off of them but I'm a sucker for a deal. they were in premo cond. I bet someone's pissed but I'm happy. and my subs never sounded better.

threedd97
02-27-2005, 11:47 PM
It's people like you supporting assholes who steal shit out of people's cars. Please, don't brag about it next time.

As for your setup CarFreak, listen to SR20. Give us a budget to work with and we'll come up with something really good for you.

Carfreak18
02-28-2005, 04:40 PM
Well I really cant give You a budget because I dont know what job for sure yet im gonna be getting....I just want something That will have a nice drop to it....And some good quality......Not a big ass expensive setup....Maybe just a head unit,AMP,and a couple twelves

Mannyb18b
02-28-2005, 05:41 PM
Panasonic CQ-8100 or *8200 (if you want 5 volt pre-outs).
Ascendant Audio Atlas 15"
Profile CA-600M
Total= $480

Add your comment to this topic!