Page updated on 10-20-2017

Heater on = Over Heat... Please help asap because its cold...

blindfoldedhope
02-26-2005, 11:58 PM
The car runs fine untill i turn on the heater its fine for a bit then blows cold and the car starts to over heat any ideas?

Probenit94
03-02-2005, 10:30 AM
i had the same problem.. flush the radiator. and put in more antifreeze and water. make sure it is close to 50/50. also check your radiator cap to see if it is holing pressure.

GTjames
03-02-2005, 12:49 PM
if that not it take it to see if the temp. gauge is even right i have a friend with a MX6 and his car shows the temp as being over the red line but there is nothing wrong exept the thermostat is broken

shawnwilliams
04-04-2005, 04:54 PM
U need a new rad, a your leaking coolant and that's why your thermostat all off a sudden tells the car your overheating b/c there's not coolant getting to it, just steam. For the heater to properly work your have to have the coolant system to work. A new rad is a cheap easy fix, and you'll be able to she all the problems it fixes after. On mine my alt. was making a wierd soung 2 until i got a new rad.

mikentc90
04-19-2005, 01:52 PM
Sounds like a bad thermostat. not the one that tells your engine temp but the one that controls the flow of coolant. very easy and cheap fix.

Add your comment to this topic!