Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

RSX type-s motor into a 99 civic

asnrefugee
03-22-2002, 12:14 AM
No more B-series engines.
Oh wells.
I seen a wrecked type-s at the local junk yard and the engine it totally fine.
Think I can swap it?
I never heard of anyone doing this swap and I was wondering if anyone knows how hard it will be.
HELLS YEA....6-SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mellowboy
03-22-2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by asnrefugee
No more B-series engines.
Oh wells.
I seen a wrecked type-s at the local junk yard and the engine it totally fine.
Think I can swap it?
I never heard of anyone doing this swap and I was wondering if anyone knows how hard it will be.
HELLS YEA....6-SPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well i heard rumors that HaSport is making K-series mounts? Then again its rumors though. It'll be kool if u can swap that thing into your civic though.:)

MadDog06
03-22-2002, 05:40 PM
one problem - the RSX-S engine spins the opposite direction of your of your original civic's. This i am about 99% sure of. can it still be done? maybe(?), with enough cash, hopes and dreams (not to mention sweat and hard work)

Edit: yes. i have found the article to confirm "Don't count on using any B-series knowledge on the new K20; it is a different beast in every way. First, it rotates clockwise, where the b18 rotates counterclockwise..."(SportCompactCar Volume 13, NO. 07; July 2001)

1995HondaCivic
03-23-2002, 09:43 AM
that would be hella crazy and hella expensive

90CRXZCSi
03-23-2002, 10:32 AM
yea exactly...that would be crazy and kinda expensive....i guess it MIGHT work tho. I guess u could be the first to find out.:D

justanothermike
03-26-2002, 02:35 PM
u can swap that into a new civic

vtechnique
03-26-2002, 10:35 PM
the rotation direction of the engine would only matter if you are trying to matt a K20 up to a normal gearbox.. THAT wouldn't work !!

but if you are swapping in K20 with the 6-speed you should have no major hassles once you've sorted out the mounts and the drive-shafts..

Having seen a new type R ( RSX type S ) on the dyno after an old integra type R B18C-5 went on.... the new motor BOOTS !!

go for it man !!

FastFuknCivic
08-01-2002, 07:15 PM
I have a link to a website that did the exact swap you are talking about....here is the link, i am looking for an rsx-s engine myself to swap into my 93 civic coupe ex....good luck

http://tech.hybridgarage.com/tech/7gtech/7g-swap.htm

GSteg
08-01-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by FastFuknCivic
I have a link to a website that did the exact swap you are talking about....here is the link, i am looking for an rsx-s engine myself to swap into my 93 civic coupe ex....good luck

http://tech.hybridgarage.com/tech/7gtech/7g-swap.htm

mind you that its a 7th generation civic that they are swapped into. i don't think it will be an easy task swapping that engine in, and also making it run. besides..no one wants a 6-speed reverse and only 1 speed forward. u can probably turn the chassis around so it'd be a rear wheel drive mid engine car. muahaha. ok. i'll stop with the ideas..

BurgerBoy
08-02-2002, 02:56 AM
An EK Civic with a K20A DC5 Type R swap. :D

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=236529&page=1

FastFuknCivic
08-04-2002, 03:45 PM
Prelude engines rotate opposite to Civic engines also. Last time i checked you could put an H22 into a civic so why couldn't you put an RSX-S in it? But anyway are you telling me that the 7th generation civics rotate different than the 5th?

luti
08-04-2002, 04:36 PM
You all seem a little confused. Actually, everyone but vtechnique. The direction of rotation only matters if you are using a transmission from a B series engine. But who would want to do that, why not just use the 6 speed manual the K20's already bolt to. It would be an extreme amount of work to mate a B tranny to a K block, and then you would have the reverse rotational issue.

Add your comment to this topic!