Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

one BIG SORRY!!!!

silversatan15
02-26-2005, 06:00 PM
Hey guys, 1st of all I want to say I am Sorry for all the posts that were made using my name. Please allow me to explain. I went to NY at the 1st of the month on a business trip, got back this morning, went to my office and thought all was the same. When I went to check my e-mail, I found an open window with the homepage for this site opened up, got to reading posts that I saw my name on. Most of all I want to send a HUGE apoligy to jeverett! As it turns out this guy bid on numerous items using my name on e-bay, responded to e-mails from my sister so I have alot of cleaning up to do. Talked with the police about ID theft and said to come in Mon. with everything I can find he did. Once again jeverett, i'm sorry and let me know you have seen this, and the same goes for anyone else that had posts about them from my I.D. over the past month I don't know about yet.

Faze3
02-26-2005, 07:35 PM
That's pretty fsckd up.

I hope he won at least one small bid on eBay so the cops can get him on interstate fraud charges and put him in pound-him-in-the-a** prison for awhile.

silversatan15
02-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Yeah, plan on doing everything I can!!

broughy84
02-27-2005, 09:03 PM
sorry to hear that, my neighbor's brother had his identity stolen and didn't know it untill he recieved the payment book for his new 2005 Ford Mustang in the mail. :(

jeverett
02-28-2005, 06:41 AM
Wow man. That's pretty messed up. No hard feelings here at all. :D

Hope everything turns out well for ya.

silversatan15
02-28-2005, 05:56 PM
Well, glad you got the post jeverett, Word of advice to who wants it, if you have a computer that is set up with password containing sites, do not let the computer remember them or keep them in MY Favorites. Anyone can access them when they get on your computer, I put trust in co-workers that I never should have! End up having to get out of e-bay on a bad note. This guy actually bid $200 on a tv remote, so I ended up retracting 17 auctions. I can't believe it took something like this to make me aware.

jeverett
03-01-2005, 06:51 AM
Yup Yup... people can be some a-holes if you give them one ounce of opportunity..

Add your comment to this topic!